Collapse
No announcement yet.

What split did Oscar give Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mayweather makes a lot of money from sponsors (his guarantee for ortiz was 25million before ppv was considered). I read a article that suggested he also makes money from everything that is sold in the arena on fight night i.e. every beer, hot dog and t-shirt etc sold he will get a little percentage. then there is the fact tht when he is on 24/7 it averages 30% more viewers than 24/7 without him, which would result in the sponsors being prepared to spend more sponsoring him.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
      nobody really knws what hes worth. he was defintly having money probems with irs and everything. hbo keeps most of the pay per view.
      You could be right, but his IRS probems were supposedly grossly exaggerated.

That and not paying your taxes (iirc was the issue) doesn't mean you don't have money. I dont think they made public his numbers like they did with Pac in his country. HBO probably keeps a good ammount in PPV, but do they pay Floyd initially to have the rights to it?

Also someone above mentioned that Floyd gets a cut out of everything and I wouldn't doubt it. He makes it sound like he's involved in everything so who knows.

It's all speculation really and we can't say exactly how he's doing business. Doubt he'll ever say either lol.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
        Floyd pockets more of the revenue than a traditional fighter who pays a lot in fees to promoters, managers, etc etc. So, he made less against Oscar, but because of that fight, he became the "Oscar" of the sport so to speak. Floyd said he met Oscar's demands, so I'm sure he probably only got something like 70-30 or something. There's also the possibility that he puts some of his own money up front to cover some of the costs, and therefore reaps more rewards. I'm not entirely sure what his method is, but it seems to work according to what he's supposedly worth. He probably has a close knit group of people that he deals with in business matters and involves only the absolutely necessary parties. For all we know, 50 is fronting him money in addition to his own and 50 being the homie, only requires his share back with a very small percentage in profit (all speculation, of course and probably doesnt happen, but I'm saying he could have business partners with like minds) Floyd is practically a sure thing to make money..so it's probably safe to say he's a safe investment.
        Mayweather had to pay the promoter as well, he doen't put on any of the shows he's in. And he has some sort of manager as well, not to mention trainers etc. So he doesn't save all that much. The telephone figures we hear come straight from him, even if we hear them from someone else, they first came from Mayweather.

I don't think that anybody really knows what a top fighter earns, there are all sorts of income streams and a variety of money saving "angles". The announced figures are all PR crap. I wouldn't tell you or anyone else what I earn, so why expect it?

Comment

Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
          did i miss the punch line?
          yeah, it's you're as in you are not your

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
            You could be right, but his IRS probems were supposedly grossly exaggerated.

That and not paying your taxes (iirc was the issue) doesn't mean you don't have money. I dont think they made public his numbers like they did with Pac in his country. HBO probably keeps a good ammount in PPV, but do they pay Floyd initially to have the rights to it?

Also someone above mentioned that Floyd gets a cut out of everything and I wouldn't doubt it. He makes it sound like he's involved in everything so who knows.

It's all speculation really and we can't say exactly how he's doing business. Doubt he'll ever say either lol.
            The IRS information was taken from public records by people interested enough to dig into it, and write articles about it. It's "supposedly exaggerated" only in your mind, because you are a raving "Maybug". No harm in that, but don't mislead people.

Comment

I could have sworn Oscar gave him 70-30. And I thought I read Floyd gave Cotto 65-35.

Comment

De La Hoya was guaranteed $23.3 million and Floyd $10 million

After all the revenue came in both of their purses more then doubled. I think it was Floyd $25 Million and De La Hoya $53 million.

Looks like a 70-30 split to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                  nobody really knws what hes worth. he was defintly having money probems with irs and everything. hbo keeps most of the pay per view.
                  HBO doesn't get much from PPV. They only get a 10% cut. The promoter and Cable/Satellite company split the rest of the revenue 45/45.

Comment

Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
                    did i miss the punch line?
                    The punchline is your sig, considering that 99% of your posts are floyd hating or manny dick riding

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                      The IRS information was taken from public records by people interested enough to dig into it, and write articles about it. It's "supposedly exaggerated" only in your mind, because you are a raving "Maybug". No harm in that, but don't mislead people.
                      I used the word supposedly for a reason (indicating my doubt to it being exaggerated..). My knowledge is very limited on this topic and I even admit that it's all speculation at this point. Please don't jump to conclusions calling me a "maybug", it makes you look bad. We're trying to figure out how he does it, there's no room for that, keep it to yourself, please. I liked your previous post since it seemed like you knew more than me on the topic (props), but as you and I have said, none of us know. Appreciate you clearing some things up in the earlier post.

Comment

Working...
                      X