Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Top Rank not giving Benavidez Jr. a TV slot on the Pac vs. Mosley undercard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Top Rank not giving Benavidez Jr. a TV slot on the Pac vs. Mosley undercard?

Jose Benavidez Jr. is going to be one of the biggest names in Boxing in the future why would you not give him this exposure and let millions upon millions of people see his fight?

Because Top Rank blows. I'm sure they'll have a glorious stream at 3 frames per second in High Definition 24x24 resolution (when it works).

Comment

Honestly this kid is going to be an absolute star and they have to get him exposure and his name out there.

Comment

i agree he already nearly knocked out pacquiao in sparring, maybe manny is jealous and doesnt want him to take all the sport light?

Comment

Because a monkey could promote better then Arum

Comment

Trying to stop the rise,But the mexican lives.

Comment

Hes very farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from being a finshed product. Exposing him this early wont do much he hasnt even had 20 fights yet.

Comment

wow, they're not putting him on tv? that's messed up, the undercard isn't that great, i'm pretty sure they could've squeezed him in...that kid, the way he is going, is gonna be a big name in this sport. he should leave TR, i'm pretty sure any other promotions would try their hardest on getting his name out, even just some tv time so people can be familiar with his face or name...he still has a long way to go though...

Comment

You're not tired of rising prospect vs. no hoper on PPV undercards? I am, I don't care if he is a blue chip prospect, I don't want to see mismatches.

Benavidez isn't ready for a challenge, so the options are put him against a no hoper journeymen as a showcase or put him against a good opponent before he's ready, where he might not preform up to par. He's what? 18-19? With what? 9-10 fights?

He won his last fight handily, but didn't look as impressive as usual, which was his first fight after leaving Roach. They're giving him time to stabilize his training situation.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                    You're not tired of rising prospect vs. no hoper on PPV undercards? I am, I don't care if he is a blue chip prospect, I don't want to see mismatches.

Benavidez isn't ready for a challenge, so the options are put him against a no hoper journeymen as a showcase or put him against a good opponent before he's ready, where he might not preform up to par. He's what? 18-19? With what? 9-10 fights?

He won his last fight handily, but didn't look as impressive as usual, which was his first fight after leaving Roach. They're giving him time to stabilize his training situation.
                    Yeah actually that is very true but I still think it would be worth showing him in a mismatch though just because of the talent he has but I completely agree with your post.

Comment

Working...
                    X