Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can Vitali Klitschko be an ATG heavyweight if he couldn't beat an old Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xAUGUSTUSx View Post
    Lewis was'nt thought to be old before that fight. If you've seen that fight you would realise that Vitali got the better of him other than the cut. Lewis was all of a sudden super old after the fight. His hair was grey and everything. He had to retire not because of Vitali but because he was getting Alziemers.
    I think the grey on the beard and hair gave away that he was old

On paper Lewis was old, Vitali was 10 years younger i believe.

His oldness showed in the ring, he was out of shape, had love handles, obviously did not train hard for the fight, and he came in the ring after 12 months, i guess he wanted to see if he still had it, which is normal for someone who had boxed all theyre life. Boxing is all they know. He obviously was not the fighter he once was.

And also you can only tell a fighter is past it when you see them in the ring, lewis called it quits at the right time in his career. You don't take 12 months out of ur career when ur reaching 40 years of age, which Lennox did, so he questioned his will/motivation to box.

Comment

Gotta give Vitali credit he dominates everybody with ease. He fights everyone there is to fight. What else can he do?

Comment

Ugh the thing is nobody really beat lewis prime or not! He beat every man he stepped into the ring with and knocked out the only two fighters who beat him in the rematches so whats your fuking point??????

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
          Ugh the thing is nobody really beat lewis prime or not! He beat every man he stepped into the ring with and knocked out the only two fighters who beat him in the rematches so whats your fuking point??????
          What are you talking about? McCall and Rahman knocked Lewis the hell out! It doesn't matter if Lewis won the rematches, they still beat him. The point is Vitali lost to the only hall of fame caliber opponent he's faced.

Comment

Originally posted by FootWork777 View Post
            Vitali couldn't even beat an old, past prime, and out of shape Lewis
            1) He DID beat him, but didn't win because of a cut
            2) What you call "old" is 2 years younger than Vitali is now
            3) "past prime" is your opinion only. Lewis didn't mention any retirement plans
            4) Lewis out-of-shape'ness is what prevented Lewis from getting KOed because fat protects against punches.

Now we come to your BIGGEST logical fallacy:

5) Prove that Lennox is not the best boxer to ever live. Because if Lewis _IS_ the best boxer to ever live (spare me his 2 KOs) then LOSING against Lewis is nothing special. Because nearly ANYONE would lose against Lewis. Thus losing against Lewis doesn't erase any ATG aspirations.

Additionally you ignore some of the facts like
            6) Vitali was possibly pre-prime
            7) Vitali took the fight on short notice (while Lennox WAS training for his title fight)

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
              I think the grey on the beard and hair gave away that he was old

On paper Lewis was old, Vitali was 10 years younger i believe.
              He was 5 years younger. Don't spin.

If you complain about a 5+ years age difference then delete off The Clay's record the following wins:
              Floyd Patterson, Cleveland Williams, Sonny Liston, Zora Folley, Archie Moore (and others).

The Clay had 22 fights against 5 year older opponents.

And off Tyson's record delete:
              Tony Tucker, Berbick, Larry Holmes, Spinks (and others)

And off Holmes record delete:
              Ken Norton and Muhammad Ali.

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
              His oldness showed in the ring, he was out of shape, had love handles, obviously did not train hard for the fight, and he came in the ring after 12 months, i guess he wanted to see if he still had it, which is normal for someone who had boxed all theyre life. Boxing is all they know. He obviously was not the fighter he once was.
              *sniffle*

And... how did the fairytale end, grandfather?

Comment

Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
                1) He DID beat him, but didn't win because of a cut
                2) What you call "old" is 2 years younger than Vitali is now
                3) "past prime" is your opinion only. Lewis didn't mention any retirement plans
                4) Lewis out-of-shape'ness is what prevented Lewis from getting KOed because fat protects against punches.

Now we come to your BIGGEST logical fallacy:

5) Prove that Lennox is not the best boxer to ever live. Because if Lewis _IS_ the best boxer to ever live (spare me his 2 KOs) then LOSING against Lewis is nothing special. Because nearly ANYONE would lose against Lewis. Thus losing against Lewis doesn't erase any ATG aspirations.

Additionally you ignore some of the facts like
                6) Vitali was possibly pre-prime
                7) Vitali took the fight on short notice (while Lennox WAS training for his title fight)
                1) Lewis won by TKO
                2) Vitali is old
                3) Lewis was out of the ring for a year and was expected to retire
                4) Being out of shape is never good.
                5) Losing to Lewis is no shame but it doesnt change the fact he lost against the best fighter he fought.
                6) Pre-prime? Lol wut
                7) Vitali was also training for a fight. In fact, he claimed he'd beem training for Lewis for a long time. They both had the same notice to prepare for each other.

Comment

Vitali Klitschko has never been heavyweight champion nor is he an ATG by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                    Vitali Klitschko has never been heavyweight champion nor is he an ATG by any means.
                    Doesnt he hold a belt right now.......surely he won a belt after Lewis retired......

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Dollars View Post
                      I thought Lewis beat him comfortably, there were maybe two close rounds you could give to Vitali.
                      Vitali was winning the fight according to all three judges at the time of the stoppage. I was at that fight, and Lewis almost got knocked out in round 2, Vitali just didn't follow up and let him off the hook.

Comment

Working...
                      X