Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lineal Champ Vs Undisputed Champ Vs Div Champ Vs The Ring Champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undisputed....you've unified the division....and by doing that...should've also taken out the Lineal Champ....I thought Lineal/Ring were one in the same?

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
      What's the difference between a undisputed,lineal or division champion?

If you're recognized as the champion in one division aren't you all 3 of those.

Ring belt has more importance than any ''world title'' but it doesn't automatically make you the man.
      Undisputed means you hold ALL the belts in your div from the three major bodies the WBC WBA and IBF

Lineal means you may only have one belt but you beat "the true champ" meaning #1 and #2 ranked had at it (at the correct weight no bull**** made up catch weights) and one came out the champ...this champion is the true champ....and is considered the lineal champ...

Division Champ can be anyone who beats a current title holder....catch weights, ranks what ever....there can be three of these or more....(bull**** I know)

The Ring Champ is awarded by the highly regarded Ring Mag.....(it used to be highly regarded at least) they crown a "true" champ with no bias......

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
        Undisputed....you've unified the division....and by doing that...should've also taken out the Lineal Champ....I thought Lineal/Ring were one in the same?
        No always....but like someone here said.....99% of the time it is.....

for extra credit....does anyone know of a fighter to be considered one but not the other??

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Another reason why I went with lineal and not undisputed is because if a fighter is undisputed meaning he has have collected all belts he have more than likely captured the lineal title too which is all that matters. The other belts a fighter collected don't really mean so much and it wouldn't make that lineal champion less of a champion if some paper title holder held those paper titles in my opinion.
          See I went undisputed because what you just said would be true if there was only one recognized belt.....(the ring one yes I know) but as far as the bodies that govern......there are three major ones......so you have to get all those together and make them one......and in the processes most likely you beat the guy who beat the guy so you become lineal on the way......at least that's how I see it at least.....

Comment

zsolt erdei was linear champ so it can't possibly be that one. then again carlos baldomir was the ring champ. there's always a loophole where bums can find a way to get the glory.

Comment

you forgot "The People's Champ"

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                zsolt erdei was linear champ so it can't possibly be that one. then again carlos baldomir was the ring champ. there's always a loophole where bums can find a way to get the glory.
                Which is another reason why I went with undisputed.....can you think of any undisputed chumps???? I can't..David Haye at cruiser was legit....so I can't hate on his ***gety ass.....but I can't really think of someone who is/was a undisputed champ who was not legit.....

Comment

Originally posted by NesNY View Post
                  you forgot "The People's Champ"
                  This rooty phoo dont get no love.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pricky Ricky View Post
                    Undisputed means you hold ALL the belts in your div from the three major bodies the WBC WBA and IBF

Lineal means you may only have one belt but you beat "the true champ" meaning #1 and #2 ranked had at it (at the correct weight no bull**** made up catch weights) and one came out the champ...this champion is the true champ....and is considered the lineal champ...

Division Champ can be anyone who beats a current title holder....catch weights, ranks what ever....there can be three of these or more....(bull**** I know)

The Ring Champ is awarded by the highly regarded Ring Mag.....(it used to be highly regarded at least) they crown a "true" champ with no bias......
                    Not really,you can be undisputed and hold 2,1 or none of the belts.They strip them so easily it's ahrd to hold them.Sergio Martinez is the undisputed MW champ for example and he has only 1.
                    You don't have to hold 1 belt to be lineal either.Barrera wss the FW champ nad he didn't have no belt.
                    And being division champ(for me anywya) doesn't just mean you beat a title holder.By doing that you are exactly that-a title holder.
                    My poijnt is lineal,undisputed and division champ is the same thing.

Comment

I contradicted myself and went with Undisputed even though alphabet titles are a piece of plastic and metal ****.

I only went with it because an Undisputed Champion had to have faced most or the top fighter to become it, but it's virtually impossible because of the politics. Martinez wasn't even afforded an opportunity to keep the WBO title he won.

The Ring Championship is really where it's at. The only problem is that you can hold it hostage, but in all honesty you can do that with pretty much every title.

Comment

Working...
                      X