No announcement yet.

The Cotto-Mayweather mystique is DEAD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2501 v2.0 View Post
    the defeats Baldomir, Judah and DLH had didnt stop Floyd from fighting them. this fight looks even more possible now. HA
    Ah so Floyd likes to fight against boxers who have lost?

Anyways i've always said a fight against Marg is a much tougher task compared to a fight against Cotto and my opinion still hasn't changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Undefeated View Post
      I still want to see it.

What just because he lost?

I bet Floyd wants to fight De La Hoya again and not Tony nor COtto.

Cotto lost, but showed alot. The first 6 rounds?

He was boxing well, what ya talking about? Yea he was getting hit, but he was still landing shots.
      What's your point? I never said "Cotto lost therefore he isnt worthy".

Try reading the entire post.

Comment

is Floyd REALLY going to try to pressure Cotto the way Margo did? Ovbiously not. Floyd may possibly have a good chin, but its not comparable to Margarito's. Floyd would ovbiously not want to exchange with Cotto so I could see his gameplan being similar to the one he had with Judah. I think after seeing how hurt Cotto got, Floyd may have some confindence in his power and actually try to tag Cotto with more than just pot shots.

let me tell you this, the first 5-6 rounds for Cotto were ****ing awesome. Before this fight, Cotto didnt have speed or accuracy remember? he showed both against Tony but his downfall was his stamina. Of course Floyd is faster than Cotto, but Cotto showed that he would be VERY competitive against Floyd. I would favor Floyd about 60/40 against Cotto, but it would still be a better fight than Baldomir/DLH/Hatton. The suspense would be immense. Hearts would be beating hard.

Comment

is Floyd REALLY going to try to pressure Cotto the way Margo did? Ovbiously not. Floyd may possibly have a good chin, but its not comparable to Margarito's. Floyd would ovbiously not want to exchange with Cotto so I could see his gameplan being similar to the one he had with Judah. I think after seeing how hurt Cotto got, Floyd may have some confindence in his power and actually try to tag Cotto with more than just pot shots.

let me tell you this, the first 5-6 rounds for Cotto were ****ing awesome. Before this fight, Cotto didnt have speed or accuracy remember? he showed both against Tony but his downfall was his stamina. Of course Floyd is faster than Cotto, but Cotto showed that he would be VERY competitive against Floyd. I would favor Floyd about 60/40 against Cotto, but it would still be a better fight than Baldomir/DLH/Hatton. The suspense would be immense. Hearts would be beating hard.
          You know what? I agree with your post. I DO NOT agree about stamina being Cotto's problem last saturday. Cotto was supremely conditioned, those body shots by Marg slowed him down, not so much any stamina issues.

Comment

Why should Mayweather try to pressure Cotto? and even Clottey looked ****ing awesome in the early rounds against margarito..Clottey did exactly what cotto did to Margarito which is box his head off and he did it by STANDING in front of Margarito.

I still want to see Cotto/Mayweather just like when i still wanted to see Judah/Mayweather after judah lost to Baldomir.

Comment

It certainly has lost it's allure.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                Margarito was there to be hit, mayweather wont be there like margarito was,
                Mayweather won't be there to fight period.

Hes afraid of the best welters and its why he retired.

Comment

repost

If you think Cotto speed, accuracy,and defensive foot were exceptional vs. Margarito

Just Imagine Mayweather would have done to Margarito and Cotto.

Mayweather 20x faster than Cotto
                  Mayweather 50x more accurate than Cotto
                  Mayweather 1000x better defensive foot work better than Cotto.

This is the point some people dont get when looking at Mayweather.
                  The only way for Floyd to be consider to be a in FAIR FIGHT.

is a fight in where he is at a huge disadvantage in some area.

Floyd in the WW division is in his 4th Weight Class
                  Margarito and Cotto in the WW division are in their 2nd

Think about that.?

NAME 5 OTHER FIGHTERS IN HISTORY THAT HAD THAT
                  PERCEPTION..!!!!

Why is that Floyd mayweather can not be in a fight where he is not at a huge disadvantage. in order for it to be a fair fight.

But nobody says anything where every other fighter does it.

That perception right there...tells you how great he is...
                  The Perception is, Floyd has to fight at a disadvantage for it to be a fair fight.!

AND THE ONE TIME MIGUEL COTTO HAD TO FIGHT AT A DISADVANTAGE...
                  HE COULD NOT HANDLE IT.!!!

THATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GREAT FIGHTERS, and GOOD FIGHTERS..
                  Thats the differences Between Legends and non legends
                  THATS THE DIFFERENCE between Mayweather and Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Undefeated View Post
                    I still want to see it.

What just because he lost?

I bet Floyd wants to fight De La Hoya again and not Tony nor COtto.

Cotto lost, but showed alot. The first 6 rounds?

He was boxing well, what ya talking about? Yea he was getting hit, but he was still landing shots.
                    and ran..and quit..and left the ring a bloodied unrecognizeable mess...congrats Miguel.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                      After watching the Margo fight I would like to watch it even more!
                      After the Margo fight, I wonder how Cotto is going to make Mayweather miss when he ate 250 punches from Margo.

Comment

Working...
                      X