No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angelo Santana Faces Ismael Barroso, 4/12 on ShoBox

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Angelo Santana Faces Ismael Barroso, 4/12 on ShoBox

Hard-hitting and unbeaten lightweights Angelo Santana and Ismael Barroso collide in a scheduled 10 round bout on April 12th, Gordon Hall told Boxingscene.com.

The 10 round bout will be the main event of a Don King Productions card and will be shown on Showtime’s popular “ShoBox: The New Generation” telecast.

Hall is the Executive Producer of the ShoBox series.

No venue has been announced yet, but one has to assume it could be in South Florida, where King’s office is located.

[Click Here To Read More]

Surprising..... King is actually getting his fighters fights

Comment

I'll be looking forward to this. Santana is one to watch. I don't know anything about Barroso, besides what I just looked up on Boxrec. Ismael has a nice looking record 13 (12 KOs) -0-2, but he's never fought outside of Central and South America. His only decision win came in Mexico. He's also 30 years old. Barroso probably isn't as good as his record indicates.
      Last edited by CubanGuyNYC; 02-27-2013, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Definitely not missing this one. DK needs to keep this guy active. Glad he's actually starting to headline. Not the big events but something is something.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Cant wait WAR SANTANA

Comment

Looking forward to seeing this.

Comment

Angelo is a MONSTER.....

Best Cuban prospect IMO, yes better than Gamboa and Rigo when it's all said and done.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                Angelo is a MONSTER.....

Best Cuban prospect IMO, yes better than Gamboa and Rigo when it's all said and done.
                Gamboa and Rigo haven't been prospects in some time. Yuri was a world champion, and Guille currently holds a belt. But I know what you're saying. Santana is young. That in itself is priceless. That, combined with Angelo's ability and style, make this kid the best Cuban prospect in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Gamboa and Rigo haven't been prospects in some time. Yuri was a world champion, and Guille currently holds a belt. But I know what you're saying. Santana is young. That in itself is priceless. That, combined with Angelo's ability and style, make this kid the best Cuban prospect in the game.
                  I meant better when it's all said and done, you got me.

I just have seen Santana in the gym and seen guys not come out for the next round because they can't take the body shots he's throwing.

Just quit in the corner in a sparring session.

Comment

One of my favorite prospects. Hope its in South Florida.

Comment

Working...
                    X