Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wins this legendary fight more often than not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PED Salesman View Post
    Let's be real though, saying Leonard fought the way he did in the first fight just because Duran called Juanita dirty names is just as much of an excuse for Leonard's loss (and it takes credit away from Duran's own footwork.. he was no plodder).

None of us are "right", like you said, because the third fight never came. But keep in mind it was Leonard who refused the third fight until Duran was older and worn down. It's his own fault that this was never settled.
    I don't take props away from fighters, and nor do I make excuses for them. Leonard was in no position to REFUSE a third fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
      Whose fault is that, Sugars? Stop giving Duran excuses. You probably weren't even born then.
      I'm not giving anyone excuses. It's ridiculous for anyone to say that.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
        I don't take props away from fighters, and nor do I make excuses for them. Leonard was in no position to REFUSE a third fight.
        He was, and he did.

Watch the following video at 2:26.

Duran says he wants to fight the rematch and show he's better than Leonard. Cosell asks Leonard if he'll fight him again, EVER. Leonard says no, and gave some weak excuse about the media (the controversy would have sold the fight even more).

Comment

Working...
        X