No announcement yet.

I used to call Canelo a hype job

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
    Totally disagree. Who has Canelo fought really?
    You guys put too much into that. Use your imagination. Do you remember when Tyson was 19 and knocking guys out left and right? Some people were saying, oh its because these guys are bums, others were saying he would be the next great HW champion. So don't that excuse who has he fought. This is boxing, its not all about stats, but many of you make it ALL about that.

Comment

I think Canelo's speed is elusive in the sense that he SEEMS slow. and uses his speed ONLY when he needs to. We all know how he tends to look every round, slow, looking ,testing his opponents reflexes and then out of nowhere he brings up a storm also looking to capitalize on mistakes. his speeds becomes apparent when HE decides to use it.

Comment

Used to, don't stop now. He's still exactly that.

Comment

This guy is not even in his prime. People tend to forget that so quickly here.

Comment

lara and martinez wreck him along with pre acciednt williams

but yeah i usta think the same thing hes gotten very good

cotto alvaerz is a must for me i see cotto losing

Comment

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
              But dude has grown on me, he has Vastly improved.

He's strong, fast, great foot work

Boxing technique is very good.

Aside from Floyd

I don't see anyone beating him from 147-160.

I think Martinez and Cotto would he great fights that I'm 50/50 on

Still ain't convinced he's a Mexican though...... lol
              You learned all this from him beating Kermit Cintron and Shane Mosley?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                You learned all this from him beating Kermit Cintron and Shane Mosley?
                What do you mean?? Cintron & Mosley are atg's right now, prime, fit & atop their games. Never looked better.

Comment

i'm still on the fence with canelo. i mean he looks good fighting in the ring and shows alot of promise, but look at the guys he's fighting. he looked okay against mosley..but i think he still showed some stamina issues, and i was expecting canelo to stop mosley or at least knock him down because of the fact he was the bigger guy and much much much younger and considered by some as a stronger puncher than pacquiao (which i didn't see at all)...i dunno i think he has the potential to be great, just need to see him be challenged more.
                  Last edited by Bermuda; 06-13-2012, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Dude is hype job at the moment, he need to take real risk by fighting dangerous kids.

Comment

Working...
                    X