Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Wilder's Win Over Ortiz Impress you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was very impressive. Wilder ran into stiff competition, got hurt, and had to dig deep to KO one of the best available opponents. He deserves lots of credit for that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
      Haha, When was Wlad supposed to fight Ortiz?

When was Joshua supposed to fight Ortiz as well?

And Ortiz wasn't roided at this point either. He'd been caught.

Ortiz was so close to failing the medical so he was in bad shape. But you need to make Wilder look better so will hype this up to the max. No matter how many times you don't like hearing it you're going to have to face up to the fact that Ortiz was an old man who had high blood pressure and horrible stamina. He'd also proven nothing in his career. So he's a hype-job, not the "Boogie man".
      Dude, any of the champions (including Wilder) could've fought Ortiz earlier. None of them wanted to. Nobody in that division has wanted to fight Ortiz the last 4 years and you know it.

And steroids effect your performance for years afterwards. They don't just wear off, LOL.

And I know an Anthony Joshua fan isn't talking about somebody lacking stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
        Dude, any of the champions (including Wilder) could've fought Ortiz earlier. None of them wanted to. Nobody in that division has wanted to fight Ortiz the last 4 years and you know it.

And steroids effect your performance for years afterwards. They don't just wear off, LOL.

And I know an Anthony Joshua fan isn't talking about somebody lacking stamina.
        Joshua has been ducking Ortiz for 4 years? He's only been champ since 2016. He wasn't going to fight at world level before this because he had little experience. And after this point, he never had the chance to fight him. If so, tell me when?

Joshua has good stamina, he's been long in fights and shown he's good. It's not great or anything, but it's solid. Ortiz on the other hand has 2 rounds of stamina at most, which is dreadful. So they don't compare in the slightest.

Comment

Joshua has been ducking Ortiz for 4 years? He's only been champ since 2016. He wasn't going to fight at world level before this because he had little experience. And after this point, he never had the chance to fight him. If so, tell me when?

Joshua has good stamina, he's been long in fights and shown he's good. It's not great or anything, but it's solid. Ortiz on the other hand has 2 rounds of stamina at most, which is dreadful. So they don't compare in the slightest.
          I said everybody in the division has been avoiding Ortiz since 2014. Anybody who wanted to fight him could have over the past 3 or 4 years.

Joshua has good stamina?

Dude was tired in the 5th round against 41-year old Vlad.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
            In response to the article in which Fury claims Wilder hasn't beat anybody. I thought the Ortiz win was impressive. I read a lot of comments before the fight how "King Kong" Ortiz was going to annihilate Wilder, but now he's a nobody. Thoughts?
            Yes it impressed me and I'm no Wilder fan. He battled through adversity against an opponent who posed a legitimate threat to the champion at the time. What more can you ask from a champion? Solid win and his worth went up in my opinion.

Comment

Rabbit punches and a referee that helped him.

Comment

I said everybody in the division has been avoiding Ortiz since 2014. Anybody who wanted to fight him could have over the past 3 or 4 years.

Joshua has good stamina?

Dude was tired in the 5th round against 41-year old Vlad.
                If Joshua could have fought Ortiz after he won the IBF title, tell me when if he was ducking?

That was in the Wlad fight. He went late in the Takam and Parker fights, so he at least has good stamina. He's a heavyweight so it most likely is going to be great.

Comment

Can't remember. He so far has had his best performances vs his best opponents. Vs Stiverne he also surprised people.

Comment

If Joshua could have fought Ortiz after he won the IBF title, tell me when if he was ducking?

That was in the Wlad fight. He went late in the Takam and Parker fights, so he at least has good stamina. He's a heavyweight so it most likely is going to be great.
                    He gassed out in every one of his fights.

His opponents just didn't take advantage of it.

Comment

He gassed out in every one of his fights.

His opponents just didn't take advantage of it.
                      Joshua gassed out in every one of his 21 fights? No he didn't, not even close. You'd have to be a moron who has never watched him fight to think so.

Not going to answer my question for a second time?

Comment

Working...
                      X