No announcement yet.

Welter Robinson vs Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
    I think the more excuses, the more chance it was a duck but hey.

To be honest reading this post makes me even more sure of my stance.

'Avoiding' or 'management reasons', those are phrases to sweeten it up.

Man thats a great Sweet Pea Gif.

Regarding excuses it could be. I have grown to appreciate how hard a charge of ducking is to substantiate. For example, its not difficult to see that Mayweather was very careful when, and at what weight he fought certain guys. But what can one say when Mayweather says he gave us the pacquio fight. People in the know will always know things like the Mosley mayweather fought was not a very good version.

this relates to Robinson because it would seem prudent to avoid Burley. But its hard to know how hard this fight would have been to make....or how much Robinson wanted/didn't want to face Burley. Some people think that Johnson ducked fellow Black fighters when he could...again, hard to say considering how many times he fought them.

Sometimes we get a real smoking gun. Dempsey is in record as saying he would not cross the color line and harry Wills was a real live opponent that Dempsey didn't face.
    Last edited by billeau2; 07-04-2015, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
      The ref seems to insinuate the fight was so bad it might destroy boxing. If I don't call this thing off, you folks may never see another match. What will the nation think if I let it go on? Tomorrow it will be on everbody's lips: Did you see what Roth did last night? He let a fight go to a decision instead of saving boxing. No, I was not going to let that happen on my watch. Boxing will survive now, just you wait and see. That is my prediction.
      Except that he never stopped the action in the previous rounds to give any form of warning, did not recommend denying them their purses - which were the rules and most difficult to understand is that he never actually said they were not trying.

Comment

Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post
        Except that he never stopped the action in the previous rounds to give any form of warning, did not recommend denying them their purses - which were the rules and most difficult to understand is that he never actually said they were not trying.
        If Roth experienced sudden diarrhea pains, the stoppage could have been in the best interests of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
          If Roth experienced sudden diarrhea pains, the stoppage could have been in the best interests of boxing.
          I have no explanation for his decision, but I don't think the stoppage should be used as a slight against either Burley or Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post
            I have no explanation for his decision, but I don't think the stoppage should be used as a slight against either Burley or Williams.
            Well, very good then. Let it be so and stricken from the jury's mind.

Comment

SRR wins no doubt in my mind. I think he may even force a late stoppage.

Comment

Stop the hate and insanity...Floyd schools old school all day...

Comment

Working...
                X