No announcement yet.

Who are the best prospects in Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Demise View Post
    British amateur prospects are the Yafai brothers.

One is 20 and the other is 17 ( off the top of my head ). They've already gone to the European championships, World Championships and possibly Khalid ( elder brother ) was at Beijing.

Anthony Joshua is meant to be another star.

Pro wise we've got DeGale & Gavin.

I think there are several others who could go on to become World champions like Quigg, Heffron, Selkirk, Walsh bros etc.

But DeGavin is our best hope.
    the Walsh brothers look useful, i never know which one is which though!

Comment

I got my eyes on Luis Franco!!

Comment

I like Kell Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
          Luis Garcia at Light Heavy is my favorite prospect at the moment, definitely one to look out for.
          Cuban guy who fights out of Ireland I think you've mentioned him before, Jesse Vargas is my guy.

Comment

Derrick Wilson at featherweight is one to watch out for, trust me.

Comment

As much as he sometimes get's on my ****, James DeGale is going to the top. What he did to Paul Smith, who's a decent fighter, in only his 9th Pro fight, impressed the **** out of me.

One thing he seemed to lack in his first few fights was any real power. He seemd to slap with his punches, Jim McDonnell seems to be sorting his technique out, and he's also sitting down on his punches a bit more and he's reaping the rewards.

His personality will split people's opinions, some will love his confidence (cockiness), some will tune in hoping to see him get stretched.

Given the fact he's got an Olympic Gold, and is in Fish-Eyed Frank's stable, he can/will be promoted well to the casual fan and general public, which = £.

Like i said, he gets on my nerves sometimes, but there's no doubting his ability. David Haye and Adam Booth would be well served to keep George Groves as far away as possible from DeGale. The guy's the dogs bollocks
              Last edited by Trigg; 01-20-2011, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                the Walsh brothers look useful, i never know which one is which though!
                Liam is by far the most impressive of the 3 IMO

10-0 (7) and already Commonwealth Super Featherweight Champion

Comment

Working...
                X