Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins has aged really well..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bhop is a beast. The man has taken good care of himself in and outta the ring.

Comment

Hopkins is the legendary fighter he is because he treats his body like a temple rather than a garbage disposal.

I might not be his biggest fan, but a fan I am, and I wish I could have that type of discipline.

****en gramma, why did you have to be such a damn great cook and teach my mom, who taught my wife those skills?

Comment

He's in shape but don't be fooled, he's not the same boxer he was back in 2000-2003. His physical skills have declined, it's just not evident on the outside.

Comment

I heard that crack and meth make you age twice as fast. Heard it from the grapevine and I'm not saying Roger is doing it. Just making a point...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Kapp View Post
            Hopkins is the legendary fighter he is because he treats his body like a temple rather than a garbage disposal.

I might not be his biggest fan, but a fan I am, and I wish I could have that type of discipline.

****en gramma, why did you have to be such a damn great cook and teach my mom, who taught my wife those skills?
            this is how everything is supposed to be

Comment

He certainly is in fantastic health physically and mentally it seems for a boxer in his mid 40's. I heard that he has not drank alcohol in something like 20 years and didn't he stick to a vegetarian diet for his whole run at MW?

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                He certainly is in fantastic health physically and mentally it seems for a boxer in his mid 40's. I heard that he has not drank alcohol in something like 20 years and didn't he stick to a vegetarian diet for his whole run at MW?
                Old boxers still fighting at a high level is nothing new, Larry Holmes, Ali, Archie Moore were still very good boxers despite their old age. Hopkins is still a dangerous opponent, but he's not the same boxer as he was in his prime or even a 2003 version of Hopkins. His physical skills has been declining since 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by wrakneelyo View Post
                  How is that possible? I'm looking at pictures of Roger Mayweather and he's only 4 years older than Hopkins and yet he looks like he's 70! How is this possible? What does Hopkins eat??!
                  LOL! IDK probably RMW Smokes.Hopkins eats alot of vegetables .

Comment

He hasn't ate a donut in years (rumor, I can't confirm). He doesn't drink or eat **** food and I assume works out every day.

Comment

It has everything to do with him not treating his body like ****, which means, not blowing up in between fights by staying in the gym, not eating sweets, smoking, or drinking alcohol. The man set himself up for success at this age.

Tim Bradley is the only one I hear with a similar lifestyle, but he doesn't have the boxing style to still be relevant at an old age. He'll have to adapt like Hopkins did.

Comment

Working...
                      X