Bustamante officially confirmed for Pride GP, comments on Rampage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bustamante officially confirmed for Pride GP, comments on Rampage

From sherdog-

.M. Costa from Tatame sends word that Murilo Bustamante has been confirmed as officially replacing Ricardo Arona this Sunday at the PRIDE Grand Prix Total Elimination 2003. The decision came after a whole day of negotiation between DSE and BTT’s members in Japan.

The deal is that Bustamante will fight Quinton Jackson August 10th and if he wins, he’ll be back in November to join the other fighters in the "Final Conflict." The official announcement will be made Friday at the press conference.

Right after he signed, Murilo declared to Tatame: "Let’s go, I will do my best. I don’t know if I'm going to be able to beat Rampage, but if I win, nobody will handle me." said the former UFC champion about Quinton Jackson.

HELL YEAH BABY!

That wasnt a super confident statment by him...Jackson is goin to win...

Comment

Jackson will KO him early.

Comment

i dunno, busta certainly is a different fighter from arona. he isn't afraid to throw down. i am thinking that bustamante has never fought someone that likes to slam ****ers, but rampage hasn't fought a dangerous submission fighter like murilo since sakuraba. personally, i don't think bustamante can handle rampages strength, but hey there is a weight difference between the two. i just think bustamante could pull it off.

Comment

I wonder what happens when Busta and Arona roll? Arona has to be almost as strong if not stronger than Jackson. I know Arona doesn't like to ghetto slam like Jackson, but Busta will be ready. And he will win.

Comment

Just remember guys that Saku managed to tap out Rampage.....I rate Busta as a better submission fighter then Saku, even at Sakus best.

Comment

After about 20 attempts and getting dropped on his head over and over, yes Saku finally tapped Rampage......

Comment

Originally posted by Seraph_17
                Just remember guys that Saku managed to tap out Rampage.....I rate Busta as a better submission fighter then Saku, even at Sakus best.
                Rampage was pretty raw back then, but now he's gotten a hell of a lot better.

Comment

Yer that is true, plus the saku fight was short notice...........still aside from saku we have yet to see Rampage against a top class sub guy, this will be a major factor for sure.

Comment

I think Busta is the best MMA submission expert at MW, LHW, or HW. If he can get Rampage in his guard, he might catch him. On the other hand, Rampage will probably punish him standing before that happens. I'm still picking Rampage, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X