Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricardo Mayorga Plans Return on Feb. 22, Eyes MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayorga's only hope is surprise haymaker KO. On the ground he loses to the lowest level mma fighter.

Comment

Almost knocked him out with a karate chop lmao

Comment

Oh who am I trying to kid? Though I have read he has a background in wrestling, obviously the guys had a lot of St fights and he was apparently at American top team in preparation for Din Thomas.

I doubt they will but I hope they'll put him in with someone who will be willing to stand and trade with him. That said he'll probably p1ss the opponent off that much they'll come out swinging anyway lol

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Oh who am I trying to kid? Though I have read he has a background in wrestling, obviously the guys had a lot of St fights and he was apparently at American top team in preparation for Din Thomas.

I doubt they will but I hope they'll put him in with someone who will be willing to stand and trade with him. That said he'll probably p1ss the opponent off that much they'll come out swinging anyway lol

I can see him doing that, and catching the MMA dude early and putting him to sleep lol On the other hand I could also see the MMA guy taking it straight to the ground and making him tap.

Comment

Seems like these guys go to MMA when they can't make good money anymore at boxing. They need to put Mayorga in there with someone he can beat to hype up a bigger fight for a lot of money. He might be very beatable on the groung against the most inexperienced MMA fighter, so this might be a one shot deal anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Mayorga spent years on the Streets fighting the meanest, toughest gangsters in Nicaragua.

He never was a boxer. He is just a straight up G that did boxing and beat the dog**** out of some world class opposition.

Did you not see the 3 finger backhand slap he gave to that MMA chump Din Thomas?

Mayorga's training for MMA will consist of 50 **** a day and a bottle of Tequila. These MMA clowns ain't ready for El Matador!

You can't train for that wreckless, couldn't give a fcuk attitude & hes going to be even more crazy in that cage.

Mayorga has a wrestling background and has trained in MMA.
              Standing in a ring with a madman like Mayorga is one thing, being locked in a cage with him is another.
              you don't have to think hard about "bad ass" shit to sell mayorga. it basically writes itself. got damn that was beautiful.

Comment

what organisation is he fighting for? I thought his mma career went out years ago?

He'll be stomped by top25 competition but that doesn't mean he can't beat the sht out of some mediocre dude.

Street fighting has little to do with mma. It's a technique sport just like boxing. Toughness is just a nice attribute.

Comment

He is just going to get taken down and put in a hold if he doesnt get a special stand up only MMA fight arranged.

Watching some guy circling mayorga for 2 minutes from 8 feet away and kicking him in the shins until he finds an opening and taking him down into a hold is not a very exciting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                    what organisation is he fighting for? I thought his mma career went out years ago?

He'll be stomped by top25 competition but that doesn't mean he can't beat the sht out of some mediocre dude.

Not sure but apparently Don King has give him the go ahead to fight in MMA after his late feb boxing return.

Be interesting if they could get him with a kickboxer making his MMA debut or something.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                      He is just going to get taken down and put in a hold if he doesnt get a special stand up only MMA fight arranged.

Yeah more than likely unless he can catch them coming in. Be worth it anyway just for the press conference.

Comment

Working...
                      X