Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ward beats Dawson should get be considers #1 p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
    that's how it should be now (with 1 & 2 swapped).
    Thats how I see it

Comment

Pfp is a matter of opinion and if Ward beats Dawson by a good amount he would have a strong case for someone calling him #1. I don't think winning the gold metal should have anything to do with his pfp ranking as a pro. I still have Floyd #1 and Pacquiao #2 and to me #3 is up for grabs between Ward, Martinez and Donaire but that's just me. No one has to agree and no one can change my mind. Within a few months everything could change. Martinez could lose soon. Mayweather could lose. Pacquiao could score a clear win over Bradley or Marquez or lose to them on November 10th. Ward could beat Dawson or lose. If Dawson beats Ward he is right in the mix. If Bradley or Marquez get a good win over Pacquiao then they would have a case for being in the top 2.

Comment

He'd be Top 3.

Comment

Depends how Dawson looks at the weight.

If Dawson is healthy at the weight and Ward dominates then he'll legitimately by one of the P4P guys in the world.

Even then, the win will have a little lack luster to it considering it's at 168 as opposed to 175. Would have been so much better if it were at Light Heavyweight.

Comment

Definitely, the guy has been utterly dominating his opposition and should he beat Dawson like he did to other guys he should be considered at least top 2.

P4p the SMW division is one of the best in all of boxing, really quality fighters.

Btw Dawson has said he's been able to make 168 for years now, even in the Adamek fight Dawson said he could easily make SMW.

I'd still like Ward to strengthen his resume even more by moving to 175, wins over guys like Pascal, Cloud, Cleverly, Campillo etc. would make him a hall of famer. And undeniably the best fighter in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by djeffectz View Post
              If Ward wins, the next p4p ratings will be

1. Pac
              2. Mayweather
              3. Ward
              4. Martinez
              i disagree it should be

1-Mayweather
              2-Ward
              3-Martinez
              4-Donaire
              5-Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by bare knuckle View Post
                i disagree it should be

1-Mayweather
                2-Ward
                3-Martinez
                4-Donaire
                5-Bradley
                I like the way you think, except I'd have Ward #1 Marquez #4 & Donaire #5.

Comment

If Ward beats Dawson he will be #3 or #4 depending of the preformence Martinez puts against Chavez Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                    If Ward beats Dawson he will be #3 or #4 depending of the preformence Martinez puts against Chavez Jr.
                    Dawson is alot better win then beating Chavez Jr.Martinez beating Chavez would be more gratifying but not a better win

Comment

Not in my opinion..A criteria that I put a heavy amount of weight on in a pound for pound list is the conquering of multiple weight divisions.

Mayweather, Pacquiao and Marquez have done that so they would still be my 1,2 and 3.

If Ward went up to 175 and beat Dawson, I would definitely move him up.

But if Dawson wins, he would definitely have to be considered a top 5 pound for pound fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X