No announcement yet.

Boxers with bright future to be gone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxers with bright future to be gone

The only one I could think of off the top of my head is "The Duke" Tommy Morrison.

He actully beat George Foreman, and fought Lennox in a hard bout.

The guy that I thought would go all the way was Joseph Kiwanuka, from Uganda. He had moved to the U.S and had strung together an impressive string of wins. He began fighting in Las Vegas and then came to Michigan and began training out of the Galaxy Gym. This man could fight. He was tall and lean and had a great right hand. My trainer had no reservations of putting me in the ring with anybody to throw. I worked with Dennis Andries, James Toney, Kenny Gould, but he would not let me ever step in with Joseph. Joseph would fight Thomas Tate for the NABF super middleweight title and lose a decision over 12 rounds. He would win his next six fights in a row, stopping 5 of them early. Then it wa another go with Tate and Joseph was stopped in the 11th round. After that I dont know what happened to him, he went 2 and 7 over his next 9 fights and then disappeared. Its interesting that he did beat Glenn coffee johnson for one of those wins. The guy was trouble to step in with and I just wonder what exactly took him down........Rockin'

Comment

what about David Reid? he was another disapointment

Comment

Naseem Hamed.I don't think that many people thought that
        he would just disappear after just the one loss,even though
        he was taken to school big time.

Comment

Zach Padilla. Guy was a punch output machine and a pretty good 140 lb fighter. Then he got a brain injury sparring with Shane Mosely in i think 1994 and had to retire. I remember he set a compubox record for most punches thrown in a fight combined, i want to say against Carols "Bollilo" Gonzalez

Comment

Originally posted by The Italian Stallion
            The only one I could think of off the top of my head is "The Duke" Tommy Morrison.

He actully beat George Foreman, and fought Lennox in a hard bout.

Was Tommy in Rocky 5 before or after he got aids? Anybody know?

Comment

How did Tommy get AIDs? Was he gay, or something? I have no idea, joe.

Comment

Originally posted by BadMagick
                How did Tommy get AIDs? Was he gay, or something? I have no idea, joe.
                Tommy got aids from too many Ring Card Girls. I don't know why I capitlized it. That is why he stopped boxing, otherwise he would probably be one of the million heavy's trying to make a comeback right now.

He is doing ok with it, kind of like Magic Johnson. He doesn't even need the pills anymore. He just stays in great shape. Something about Aids, it just doesn't seem to be able to take out the great athleates. If you are a rock star, bam that **** will kill you fast. But if you rock in sports you can beat it.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboxer
                  Tommy got aids from too many Ring Card Girls. I don't know why I capitlized it. That is why he stopped boxing, otherwise he would probably be one of the million heavy's trying to make a comeback right now.

He is doing ok with it, kind of like Magic Johnson. He doesn't even need the pills anymore. He just stays in great shape. Something about Aids, it just doesn't seem to be able to take out the great athleates. If you are a rock star, bam that **** will kill you fast. But if you rock in sports you can beat it.
                  I'm not sure what you mean by, "I don't know why I capitalized it," but... that sucks for him. Even though he's doing all right, he's still in a horrible situation.

Comment

Cubans Roberto Balado, the 1992 Olympic and 1989-91-93 world champion, but he was killed in an car accident.

Comment

Working...
                    X