Thinking Of Amatuer Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking Of Amatuer Boxing

Hi all,

I have been boxing now for 8 months, i started off to loose my weight i had gained and to get fit, but now im hooked on it. I used to only do twice a week, that went to three days a week now 4 and one of them 4 days includes a full sparring session.

I did my first proper spar last saturday, loved every minute of it. I was putting together what i learned in lessons and let myself go. Switching stants seemed to be a big hit for me, i caught my oponent out with it all the time.

My question is, i am after fighting. But i dont just want to be thrown into one of these matched unlicenced boxing fights, i want to do it properly, and amatuer boxing sounds like the thing for me. Is there any special things i should take on board? How do i approach it etc

Train with a lisc. trainer who has worked with amatuer federationed events.
    You can't learn to box well without eyes watching and correcting you, impossible! What city are you in? Ray.

Comment

I can already box mate, im in bolton, greater manchester UK.. hometown of amir khan

Comment

I wouldn't know nothin' 'bout no amateur boxing

I do however know that it takes more than 1 sparring session to learn how to box. The left side of your brain may think it knows how to box but your body, and more importantly your eyes, don't know nothin'. Get a real trainer............. Rockin'
        Last edited by Rockin'; 11-18-2013, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Sorry, ofcourse you can.........say hi to Amir for me ok?
          Good luck I'm sure you don't need it on your way to the Title (in Disney Land)
          Bye!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            Bye!
            wow,,,that was kinda cold

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              I wouldn't know nothin' 'bout no amateur boxing

I do however know that it takes more than 1 sparring session to learn how to box. The left side of your brain may think it knows how to box but your body, and more importantly your eyes, don't know nothin'. Get a real trainer............. Rockin'

Yeah i understand what your saying, i know it takes more than one sparring session lol. Everything has to be fast i guess and practice makes perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                Bye!

Dont get upset over it LOL

Comment

Originally posted by mikey1990 View Post
                  I have been boxing now for 8 months,

I did my first proper spar last saturday,
                  I can already box mate,
                  I had one 20 minute lesson and am now an expert guitar player.

Comment

Hi all,

I have been boxing now for 8 months, i started off to loose my weight i had gained and to get fit, but now im hooked on it. I used to only do twice a week, that went to three days a week now 4 and one of them 4 days includes a full sparring session.

I did my first proper spar last saturday, loved every minute of it. I was putting together what i learned in lessons and let myself go. Switching stants seemed to be a big hit for me, i caught my oponent out with it all the time.

My question is, i am after fighting. But i dont just want to be thrown into one of these matched unlicenced boxing fights, i want to do it properly, and amatuer boxing sounds like the thing for me. Is there any special things i should take on board? How do i approach it etc
                    Join an reputable amateur club. You will be matched fairly.

Gloves ABC is a reputable club in Bolton. Also, if you willing to travel a few miles you have Bury ABC just down the road (very good club). If you are willing to go further you will find plenty of great clubs in Manchester (Northside ABC is only about 10-15 miles from Bolton).

Probably best to have a look at a few clubs and see which suits you best.

Let me know if you can't find contact details for any clubs you are considering.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X