No announcement yet.

black sabbath

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

i've been listening to them a whole lot the past few days and perhaps re-discovering them after not doing so for like a looong time...

the ears of an angry young adolescent is very different from that of a more calm and seasoned old man i guess... im more appreciative now of their music even more... tracks that i consider fillers before take on a new identity and reveal their true worth and stuff... genuine ATGs these folks...

and yeah, to those who professed their luv to pantera, have you people listened to them when they were still hair-metal? they were still good but not really as good when they decided to get heavier IMHO...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
        i've been listening to them a whole lot the past few days and perhaps re-discovering them after not doing so for like a looong time...

the ears of an angry young adolescent is very different from that of a more calm and seasoned old man i guess... im more appreciative now of their music even more... tracks that i consider fillers before take on a new identity and reveal their true worth and stuff... genuine ATGs these folks...

and yeah, to those who professed their luv to pantera, have you people listened to them when they were still hair-metal? they were still good but not really as good when they decided to get heavier IMHO...

pantera was one of my favorite bands 10 years ago. i was a very big fan, and owned quite a few of their albums.

i hardly listen to any metal these days. i really can't listen to an entire pantera album anymore

sabbath is certainly music on another level. there was never a point in my experience with music that i couldn't listen to their stuff.

Comment

one thing about pantera is their songwriting... excellent!

the first four albums of metallica, those albums really defined my musical tastes for a long period of time... metallica was awesome when cliff was still with them...

a lot of metal guys i know look up to them because of their first 4 albums more than their mainstream success starting with the black album...

Comment

Pantera and Sabbath cant really be compared musically.

Pantera were just so explosive is was ridiculous. I was watching their home movies yesterday. Good times. But it also got me so fired up. Such a shame how it all ended.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
              Pantera and Sabbath cant really be compared musically.

Pantera were just so explosive is was ridiculous. I was watching their home movies yesterday. Good times. But it also got me so fired up. Such a shame how it all ended.
              any favorite among the big 4 of thrash bob?

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                one thing about pantera is their songwriting... excellent!

the first four albums of metallica, those albums really defined my musical tastes for a long period of time... metallica was awesome when cliff was still with them...

a lot of metal guys i know look up to them because of their first 4 albums more than their mainstream success starting with the black album...
                'Master of Puppets' is arguably the greatest speed metal record ever recorded. After that, I had no use for them.

Comment

not the goat, i'd say top 2 though. atleast influentially.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    'Master of Puppets' is arguably the greatest speed metal record ever recorded. After that, I had no use for them.
                    black album > master of puppets

Comment

they are the GOAT!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X