Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't hear much clamoring for Lucian Butes home fights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    wait what?
    Why do you sound surprised?

Do you honestly think Bute has a higher profile than an American Olympic Gold Medalist who just happens to be the RING Champ, on most peoples P4P list and is recognised as the #1 in the division?

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo87 View Post
      Bute isn't as high profile as Ward
      Huh ? I'll rest my case. Going to enjoy his latest win.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        Exactly.

All the other fighters in the Super Six had to fight in foreign countries, while Ward stayed in his home state.

And the Super Six final would make more money in England, where it would draw 20,000 fans - yet Ward will have home advantage yet again.

Ward's "headbutt & hold" style does nothing for his popularity, in contrast to Lucian Bute's spectacular KOs.
        Ward should of fought on the road, that I agree with but I can't agree with the last two points. The Super Six Final was always going to be in America, it's in the contract that every fighter signed. Problem was none of the green Americans(excluding taylor) was supposed to do much at all. Don't blame Ward for where the finals are held, that was on SHO. Butes kayos are nice and may attract casual fans to his events but he is beating no bodies, while Ward has been fighting top fighters. You can kayo as many over matched opponents, I'd still rather watch the fighter that is beating top guys, even if it is hard on the eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by r.Gooner View Post
          Huh ? I'll rest my case. Going to enjoy his latest win.
          Get on your way son

If he keeps fighting the scrubs he has been you'll have plenty more victories to enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            Butes kayos are nice and may attract casual fans to his events but he is beating no bodies, while Ward has been fighting top fighters.
            Ward and Bute have fought several of the same opponents.

Ward held and headbutted his way to a dull decision win over Edison Miranda, while Bute KOed Miranda.

Comment

Lucian Bute Doesn't want to fight any World Class fighters!
              He DUCKED Jean Pascal FOUR times!!

http://www.boxingfutures.com/news/07...eds-more-balls

Pascal: ‘Bute needs more balls’
              Posted on Jul 9, 2011

Former light-heavyweight world champion Jean Pascal has hit out at IBF super-middleweight titleholder Lucian Bute for ducking him.

Pascal revealed that Bute has turned down an offer to fight him four times saying the undefeated fighter continually faced opponents that are ‘below his level’.

And with the Canadian-based Romanian defending his title today against 37-year-old veteran Jean Paul Mendy in a fight that will be aired for free on Primetime, Pascal called for Bute to ‘get more balls’.

‘After my fight against Bernard Hopkins we offered Lucian Bute to fight me next this fall, and he said no,’ Pascal told the On The Ropes boxing radio show.

‘So I was really disappointed because I think Lucian Bute’s fans deserve more than that. Lucian Bute is a great fighter but he’s always fighting boxers below his level, and he needs to step up his game and fight boxers of his caliber.

‘So you know we offered him to fight me for the fourth time, and he said no. So I was really disappointed by him. Lucian Bute needs to get more balls, to risk himself a little bit, to try to roll the dice because one day it’s going to catch him.

‘Anyone can be the pound-for-pound boxer when they seek out boxers. Once when he’s in a fight with a real boxer, he’s going to see adversity and he’s not going to be able to do anything because it’s going to be his first time facing adversity.’

Comment

Ward held and headbutted his way to a dull decision win over Edison Miranda, while Bute KOed Miranda.
                Not as of late though(minus the late fill in Sakio Bika). Ward has fought, Arthur Abraham, who before the tournament was the favorite to win the Super Six. He also has fought, Mikel Kessler(the second favorite in the tourney) and Allan Green(who I believe was in the top 10 when they fought). In just a very short span Ward has been in there with 3 of the top 10 fighters in the division, while Bute has yet to face a top 10 SMW his whole career(maybe one, can't recall if Andrade was in the top 10 when they fought).

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo87 View Post
                  Why do you sound surprised?

Do you honestly think Bute has a higher profile than an American Olympic Gold Medalist who just happens to be the RING Champ, on most peoples P4P list and is recognised as the #1 in the division?
                  Well Pongsaklek Wonjongkam is the Ring champ, on the P4P list and the #1 fighter in his division

Does this mean he is more high profile then bute as well?

If ward was more high profile, he would draw more then a few thousand people in his home town when Bute is drawing 20K+ in 2 different locations

Comment

Ward was a prospect when he beat Miranda while Bute was a World Champion

Look at his recent competition Tunney

Jesse Brinkley? A glorified bum who took Bute 9 rounds, in his next fight he got wiped out inside 3 rounds by a prospect

Brian Magee was stretched by Froch 5 years ago, he could only draw with Tony Oakey ffs

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                      Not as of late though(minus the late fill in Sakio Bika). Ward has fought, Arthur Abraham, who before the tournament was the favorite to win the Super Six. He also has fought, Mikel Kessler(the second favorite in the tourney) and Allan Green(who I believe was in the top 10 when they fought). In just a very short span Ward has been in there with 3 of the top 10 fighters in the division, while Bute has yet to face a top 10 SMW his whole career(maybe one, can't recall if Andrade was in the top 10 when they fought).
                      Other then Kesseler they have fought the same caliber opposition

AA was coming off of 2 loses, the previous being a complete domination/beatdown and green become #10 on the ring list after being announced as wards opponent and let's faces it was utter ****

Comment

Working...
                      X