No announcement yet.

Six Pack

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six Pack

Another stupid thread but me and my mate were arguing. I was saying that you can get a six pack by doing 200 sit ups a night for a month wont you. and hes saying different. So whats the answer, Can you or not?

depends on your BMI also

Comment

No you can't. Six pack is a matter of having a low body fat percentage. 200 situps a night for a month won't burn much fat, if any. And your ab muscles won't grow much either, because 200 reps is way too low intensity to stimulate hypertrophy much.

Comment

Somebody on this forum said something i thought was true

Abs are made in the Kitchen not in the gym

and its true for the most part, if you do alot of situps you will have a very lean stomach,but unless you diet properly you will never have the desired "six pack"

Comment

We'll we are on about me. I don't really have any fat and only have the outlines of a six pack. I'm 5'6 and weigh 130lbs, with about 11% body fat, and my BMI on the internet was 21.0

Comment

You have to run, and eat better to get a six pack. You can't just do sit ups.
            Last edited by sizu24; 05-06-2006, 01:01 AM.

Comment

im an idiot for asking but how do you determanin body fat %?

Comment

i can do 100 situps for 2 weeks and make mine more defined

Comment

I remember standing on some scales at some research thing at school and seeing 11%.. I think anyway

Comment

To get a six pack, you should probably go 8% BF, at your size and weight. Sit ups alone, won't do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X