Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haymon willing to lay 10 million for Stevenson/Kovalev for September 26th in Quebec

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    Sounds like Yvon Michel is trying to dissuade a counter-bid by stating that inflated figure, no way Haymon wants to pay that much for those two.

Let's see what they actually bid, put the $10 million up, don't just talk about it.
    I agree, especially considering that Stevenson is probably going to get KTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      Not only could Haymon offer more money than HBO, but he could open up tv dates for her other fighters. Uncle Al knows that if he's able to steal away Kovalev from HBO (and maybe Golovkin and Lomachenko next year), the PBC's credibility is a lock and HBO is either going to have to play ball or get out. Just some strategy I could see playing out.
      Lomachenko and Kovalev share the same manager...and both have promoters...not exactly sure why they would need/want to give up control of their careers to Haymon.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        If kovs hbo deal is up right now and he signs with hbo does that mean he's ducking Adonis?
        Why can't this fight happen on HBO? According to Fat Dan Adonis doesn't have a long term TV contract. Maybe this CBS fight is his last fight for Showtime/CBS. This would be his 3rd fight.

Comment

But Stevenson scared doe

Comment

I wish I had a made a Christmas list of which fights I want to see made. If I were, this would be a top 3:
            1. Mayweather-Pacquiao: signed and scheduled for May 2nd
            2. Kovalev-Stevenson
            3. GGG-Cotto

It looks like #2 is creeping closer to being realized provided that Stevenson gets by Bika and Kovalev does his job in dispatching his IBF mandatory challenger. Finally, we get to see the lineal champion against the best in the division. It should have happened last year but I won't get into why it didn't happened as there may have been countless threads on that particular matter. Let's just get the bidding out of the way so the fight fans can get the fight they really want.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              Sounds like Yvon Michel is trying to dissuade a counter-bid by stating that inflated figure, no way Haymon wants to pay that much for those two.

Let's see what they actually bid, put the $10 million up, don't just talk about it.
              Exactly. Why would they tell the other party what they are gonna bid?

This looks like a bluff

Comment

duva's going to bid 10 billion!

Comment

This is still a very hot fight but I don't think it's cool looking past anybody in the way. I saw Mohammedi against Dudchenko-very good performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                    Lomachenko and Kovalev share the same manager...and both have promoters...not exactly sure why they would need/want to give up control of their careers to Haymon.
                    Klimas is a manager and Haymon is an adviser, there's room for co-existence. Haymon could potentially offer a greater deal and it would be in Klimas' best interest for his fighters to do it. Basically Haymon's cutt is a league fee.

We know Haymon can match the money over the next 4 years, provide more exposure in terms of tv, and has access to more bigger name opponents. Who will HBO be able to offer Kovalev to fight come next year? Plus more exposure on national tv could lead to large sponsorship deals.

I'm sure Haymon recognizes he needs dominant action fighters to really sell his league, and he may be willing to make very lucrative offers to the big 3.

Comment

Why would HBO try to counter a 10 mill offer for a fight they won't get? To......help Kovalev get more money? That part made no sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X