• Alexis Arguello vs Ricky Hatton at 140

Who would win this and how.

replica of the Pacquiao fight -- Arguello KO2

Comment

Hatton litterally has no chance.

Comment

Hatton gets flattoned.

Comment

the arguello of the first pryor fight knocks ricky out around the 6th after inflicting a savage lesson in accurate punching ricky is left bloodied and beaten

Comment

I think Arguello would still probably have enough left to beat Hatton, but no where near as easily as some of you are suggesting.. Don't forget we're talking 140 and Alexis didn't have a terrific resume at LWW.. If he ran into the 2005 Hatton, he'd be in for a rough nights work, no doubt about it..

Hatton foolishly burned the candle at both ends for too many years, which in turn has brought his career to a premature end.. The lifestyle and training/trainer issues all surmounted to any early closure .. The Hatton who beat Tszyu would've given any LWW in History a hell of a fight.. Hatton gets no credit for that fight, with many saying Kostya was past it..
            Starting to slide, maybe, but no where near shot!.. He'd just absolutely destroyed Zab Juddah and Shambra Mitchell, and looked like he was gonna do the same to Hatton. Ricky took some tremendous shots in that fight, and broke the heart of a very proud man in Tszyu.. Kostya wasn't any more past prime than Arguello was, when he lost to Pryor (cheating aside, of course).. Alexis however, did carry his handspeed and power through the weights and at 140 would win a UD or get a late KO..
            He easily KO's the version who fought Pacquiao, but I think it's fair to say, anyone in the TT would've done a number on him that night..
            Stylisticaly, a prime Hatton would stand a much better chance against Aaron Pryor..
            It'd be interesting to see how the hawk would handle an agressive body puncher..

Hatton these days, is shot to pieces, and will get KO'd in his next fight too.. Hangovers and junk food have caught up with him, but b4 that, he was a very capable fighter..

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
              I think Arguello would still probably have enough left to beat Hatton, but no where near as easily as some of you are suggesting.. Don't forget we're talking 140 and Alexis didn't have a terrific resume at LWW.. If he ran into the 2005 Hatton, he'd be in for a rough nights work, no doubt about it..

Hatton foolishly burned the candle at both ends for too many years, which in turn has brought his career to a premature end.. The lifestyle and training/trainer issues all surmounted to any early closure .. The Hatton who beat Tszyu would've given any LWW in History a hell of a fight.. Hatton gets no credit for that fight, with many saying Kostya was past it..
              Starting to slide, maybe, but no where near shot!.. He'd just absolutely destroyed Zab Juddah and Shambra Mitchell, and looked like he was gonna do the same to Hatton. Ricky took some tremendous shots in that fight, and broke the heart of a very proud man in Tszyu.. Kostya wasn't any more past prime than Arguello was, when he lost to Pryor (cheating aside, of course).. Alexis however, did carry his handspeed and power through the weights and at 140 would win a UD or get a late KO..
              He easily KO's the version who fought Pacquiao, but I think it's fair to say, anyone in the TT would've done a number on him that night..
              Stylisticaly, a prime Hatton would stand a much better chance against Aaron Pryor..
              It'd be interesting to see how the hawk would handle an agressive body puncher..

Hatton these days, is shot to pieces, and will get KO'd in his next fight too.. Hangovers and junk food have caught up with him, but b4 that, he was a very capable fighter..
              i dont agree with you micky... Hatton IMO has always been overated and beat absolutely nothing, he was managed so as to avoid all the top fighters his whole career, Kostya Tszyu is also an overated fighter yet the version who Hatton beat was suffering a career ending injury was 35yrs old and never fought again.. Hatton took a route in his career where he had the WBF belt and masqueraded as a world champion with SKY Sports showcasing him against a bunch of tomato cans.. Hatton turned down fighting for the European Title which would have given him a legit shot at a true world title because he never fancied his chances against the German Otkay Urkal, Hatton even ditched a world title belt later in his career to avoid Urkal who was his No1 contender... We all know about Hatton avoiding Junior Witter, also Hatton chose to fight guys who was years past their best and in their late 30s or early 40s.... i could go on all night long about Ricky Hatton, but what i am saying is that IMO he gets "Bombed-Out" by Alexis Arguello who was a brilliant world champion and who punched far harder than Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao and also had as much class as both those two fighters

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                i dont agree with you micky... Hatton IMO has always been overated and beat absolutely nothing, he was managed so as to avoid all the top fighters his whole career, Kostya Tszyu is also an overated fighter yet the version who Hatton beat was suffering a career ending injury was 35yrs old and never fought again.. Hatton took a route in his career where he had the WBF belt and masqueraded as a world champion with SKY Sports showcasing him against a bunch of tomato cans.. Hatton turned down fighting for the European Title which would have given him a legit shot at a true world title because he never fancied his chances against the German Otkay Urkal, Hatton even ditched a world title belt later in his career to avoid Urkal who was his No1 contender... We all know about Hatton avoiding Junior Witter, also Hatton chose to fight guys who was years past their best and in their late 30s or early 40s.... i could go on all night long about Ricky Hatton, but what i am saying is that IMO he gets "Bombed-Out" by Alexis Arguello who was a brilliant world champion and who punched far harder than Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao and also had as much class as both those two fighters
                That's cool.. I'm a massive Arguello fan and he'd beat Hatton, but your comparing a past prime Arguello to prime versions of Pac and PBF..
                Being a fellow Brit and having followed his career for 10 years, I was just trying to highlight the possitive aspects of Ricky Hatton.. He's no ATG, but he also doesn't get the props he deserves.. A lot of posters on here regard him as a bum, which is harsh to say the least..

Tszyu may have been 35, but still had a devastating right hand, which he caught Hatton with full pelt.. Much harder punches than the check left hook that was able to take him down against Mayweather.. That version of Hatton would have given Arguello plenty to deal with.. At 140, Alexis had wins over Kevin Rooney, an old Vilomar Fernandez and an even older Claude Noel.. You could say it echoes the wins over an old Castillo or an old Vince Phillips for Hatton..

I'll go along with the fact he ducked Witter who I think would have DC'd him, but he'd have taken care of Urkal in what would have been an ugly fight to watch, and not of any interest to the boxing fans who pay to watch a good fight.. Urkal, like John Ruiz, had a reputation as a spoiler..

Comment

I think Hatton would of been able to keep Arguello off balance for a few rounds, Hatton had many similarities with Mancini and when he was on and focused he had a decent skill pallette but in the end Arguello would of done the same thing he did to Mancini to Hatton. Somewhere down the line Arguello would of landed a time counter punch and put Hatton down and sent him on a downward spiral ultimately leading to him being KO'd, around ten probably.

Comment

I don't see Hatton going out early in this one. I think he could win some of the early rounds by mugging Arguello and getting off with some body work inside.

I see Arguello catching up after awhile though, landing right hands down the pipe with more regularity as time progresses. Ultimately the punishment would pile up and Arguello's straight punches would pay off. Late round knockout win for Arguello.

Comment

Working...
                    X