No announcement yet.

Crunches?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crunches?

good for you or bad for you? I heard they rip your abs but can give you back problems.

Originally posted by bubba1
    good for you or bad for you? I heard they rip your abs but can give you back problems.
    only if you don't do them right

Comment

I naturally have a pretty ripped stomach, but what can you do to strengthen your stomach muscles?

Comment

crunches are good for u but remember they need to be a concious effort. Some people either do em without thinking or pull from the back of the head that is a no no.

50 crunches with concious effort from you are better than 200 mindless crunches.

Comment

Crunches-Pull up with your midsection 4x25 (even put weights on them if you can)

Leg Raises-4X25

Bicycle crunches-4x25

Bicycle crunches in my book are the best in the book period.....

Comment

Like everyone else said if you don't do them properly you could have back problems.

Comment

yo wait explain this..crunches with NOT lifting from behind the head???

so u mean ars like together at side and force my self up??? with my hands anywhere but not nehind my head??? explain how to do a good crunch please...

Comment

what are bicycle crunches?

Comment

For Hurlex- Lay on yer back with knees up-right, cross yer arms across chest, find a spot on the ceiling and try to lift the upper half of your torso to that point, try not to curl your body.
                  DYL-G,,,a bicycle crunch, lay on yer back, put your body(legs) in a sitting position, crunch and rotate yer upper body to one side, on the side you are rotating to, bring that knee in so to touch your elbow. i.e., right elbow to left knee.
                  Not sure if you guy's were playing ignorant, but wanted to explain just in case.

Comment

I perfer leg raises, and to the sides also

Comment

Working...
                    X