Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will humans out grow religion and belief in god?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will humans out grow religion and belief in god?

When you look at religion and belief in gods, you see that humans over thousands of years have gone from god to god, depending on the region.

Many gods have died off, many have been created a new. Since humans have gone from polytheistic to now mostly monotheistic, when will humans fully accept science and move forward with practical, logical thinking.

My prediction is that just the way we study Greek mythology now in schools, I believe in a hundred years we will be studying the Bible and Quran in the same way.
    It will take 100 years or more
    12.20%
    It will take less than 100 years
    9.76%
    Never, humans will always believe in gods
    56.10%
    There is a god and his name is Juan Manuel Marquez
    21.95%

The poll is expired.

As long as man fears death he will take comfort in believing in the afterlife and/or God.
    Last edited by BostonGuy; 02-12-2013, 12:37 PM.

Comment

I'm gonna go with Never

Comment

I was so close to voting for Marquez, he might be an ancient Aztec god.

Comment

I agree with above, people fear death too much to not hold on to something.

Comment

Never. Theres a sixth sense that no matter how much you deny it . Its there. You can reason it out but it will still be there. Scienece doesnt have an explaination for everything. Thats because God has been baffling science before the word science was even made.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
              Never. Theres a sixth sense that no matter how much you deny it . Its there.
              Can we detect it? Can we measure it? What does this "sixth sense" detect? I mean sight detects light, smell and taste detect chemicals, hearing and touch detect physical disturbances, so what does the sixth sense detect?

As an idea of what I'm looking for, some animals hunt by detecting the electromegnetic structure of their prey's nervous systems while most species of snakes are able to detect heat by using a sensory pit on their snouts.

So naturally the sicth sense must detect something. What does it detect, and why hasn't anyone measured this yet?

On a side note: Twenty pages.

Comment

Never.
                Humans will always fear the unknown (death)

Comment

I say never, but the more we learn about ourselves and our world, you will see a decline (I hope).

Comment

As others have said, whilst we fear death religion shall persist. It's so ingrained in our culture now that it defines who we are. Even if we discovered the creation of the universe, God will still be the one who started it and he'll find a niche in whatever we uncover.

Comment

Working...
                    X