No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael Katsidis Returns on February 21 in Melbourne

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Michael Katsidis Returns on February 21 in Melbourne

Junior welterweight contender Michael Katsidis (28-6, 23KOs) will reportedly return to the ring on February 21 at the Melbourne Pavilion. Katsidis, who lost four of his last five bouts, moved from Las Vegas to Sydney in search of a fresh start. He recently hired trainer Johnny Lewis, who took Kostya Tszyu and Jeff Fenech to world titles. The 32-year-old fighter is giving it one last run.

[Click Here To Read More]

I hope Michael has saved most of the money he's earned in that ring the hard way because his fistic future is not bright, at least it's not if he tries to continue at a high level.

Comment

This guy needs to hang up the gloves before he ends up like roach

Comment

HOPE HE GOT RID OF THAT RETARED LOOKING RIGHT HOOK OF HIS!!!

hey man why are my caps on?? o well im not re-typing it!!! (sorry for yelling!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Thickear View Post
          I hope Michael has saved most of the money he's earned in that ring the hard way because his fistic future is not bright, at least it's not if he tries to continue at a high level.
          Sadly, if we're to believe this recent interview with the man himself, living frugally doesn't seem to have been a priority for him in recent years...

[W]hen he wasn't fighting or training, Katsidis shopped.

Buying gold Rolexes, black BMWs, even an entire wardrobe of designer clothes, most of which still hang unworn in a cupboard at his mum's place.

It was a coping mechanism Katsidis first adopted when, at 26, he found himself living in Las Vegas as the undefeated WBO lightweight champion of the world.

When to stave off the loneliness, he'd buy ridiculously expensive trinkets like an ancient Greek coin used to seal land deals 2000 years earlier.

Pricetag: $18,000.
          "All up, I've spent millions," Katsidis shrugs. "Millions. But for a long time that's how I coped . . . I'd start thinking about Stathi and go buy a Rolex."
          :sad1:

Comment

Working...
          X