Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BScene’s 2012 Year End Awards: Robbery Of the Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is the Roy Jones fight on here? Besides the knockdown Roy jabbed and countered the crap out of that guy. I wish people would loud at the actual fight instead of going off of the hometown crowds reaction

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
      For the 1000th fvkin' time....AS VOTED BY BOXINGSCENE.COM STAFF

We go through this every damn year. The entire staff votes. Cliff and I split the number of write-ups. That simple.

Try to remember it next year so I don't have to go through this **** anymore.

Comment

Bradley-Pacquiao was indeed the robbery of the year. I had it as a wide, clear decision win for Pacquiao.

But Povetkin-Huck and Adamek-Cunningham were not robberies, those were close fights.

Povetkin built up a lead in the first five rounds and then seemed to be either gassed or hurt by Huck's rabbit punches, and slowed down. Huck won the later rounds, but should have been deducted points for repeated use of rabbit punches.

I had Adamek winning 115-113 because he carried the fight to Cunningham and landed more clean, effective power punches.

I had Arslan winning over Huck, but it was a close fight so "gift decision" is more accurate than "robbery".

Comment

robbery of the year was rios vs abril imo, bradley pacman was closer than people thought, i had it 7-5 the night of the fight for pacman but watching the fight 4 times now i can see there were 2-3 swing rounds. even the late emmanuel steward said watching fight again at home it was closer than it was, and he was there front row and center

Comment

I feel like the announcers changed history they claimed Pacquiao won the first 9 rounds and that became what people thought I feel like it was 7-5 Pacquiao, but that was what I felt Pacquiao-Marquez 3 was, the difference between me and Pac zombies was I wasn't whining about it 7 months later.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post

Comment

compubox should never be taken seriously

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
                Bradley-Pacquiao was a fight that could have been scored 7-5 either way. It exposed compubox's punchstats for its inaccuracy and shed a light on harold lederman's inability to judge a fight. Abril-Rios was just as controversial if not more. Hopefully Bradley can recover from the aftermath of this. Seems scumbag bob is trying to force a peterson rematch despite bradley turning him down already. bob is keeping bradley as the odd man out. 2 years is a long time to have on a contract. bradley would have been better served with golden boy but in the long run this will hurt top rank. there won't be a lot of guys from 140-154 signing up with top rank that aren't already there. they see what's happening with bradley. no elite level fighter should have to settle for a weak rematch after a career defining (even if controversial) win. guys like alvarado and rios might like it at top rank because they get the chance to feast on lesser opponents but a guy like bradley is just wasting away years where he could be fighting the likes of guerrero, berto, khan, maidana, mayweather, ortiz, garcia, matthysse. i highly doubt bradley re-ups with arum in 2 years. arum will lose a valuable commodity in one of the premier divisions of boxing.
                The Rios/Abril fight was a much bigger robbery.

The Pacquiao / Bradley fight was very close, and I totally agree with you regarding compubox, that system is badly flawed and highly inaccurate.

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
                  robbery of the year was rios vs abril imo, bradley pacman was closer than people thought, i had it 7-5 the night of the fight for pacman but watching the fight 4 times now i can see there were 2-3 swing rounds. even the late emmanuel steward said watching fight again at home it was closer than it was, and he was there front row and center
                  I agree entirely, the Rios fight was a blatant robbery, whereas Pacquiao allowed himself to get out-hustled.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                    what you should sense is someone sick and tired of repeating himself.

Comment

Pacquiao got out-worked and out-hustled. If Manny made that fight closer than it needed to be, then the fault lies with him.

Why should Pacquiao get credit for only fighting the last minute of every round and allowing himself to be out-hustled?

Why should Pacquiao get credit for missing wildly? Compubox recorded everything he threw including punches that clearly missed.

Why should Pacquiao get credit for unnecessarily expending energy? That is why he faded down the stretch.

Why should Pacquiao get credit for providing opportunities for his opponents? We saw what happened when he tried that with Marquez, but against Bradley it was a successful strategy? Not.

That was a very close fight, like most predicted, Rios/Abril was not.

Comment

Working...
                      X