Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner would get stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Garcia, Matthysse, Peterson, all sound like more interesting opponents than Brandon The Punching Bag Rios. I even rather see how long Khan lasts with Broner until he gets knocked out.
      Peterson? Really? Rios is an undefeated champion at 140 and has at least fought a variety of styles. People talk about the Abril fight but they never mention how he effectively cut the ring down against the technical Acosta, who was a dangerous champion at the time and on a big streak of wins. I'll even go so far as to say that one more quality win,and Rios deserves pound for pound recognition. Hes on a hot streak.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Keep feeding him these guys that use their face as defense and care more about looking tough for the crowd than actually winning. He'll keep looking the same every time out.
        yeah rios' defense is pretty awful but his chin and volume could give broner problems if he plans on standing toe to toe like he did with the smaller demarco

Comment

people forget that abril didn't run..........he stood up VERY close to rios & used a phelly shell to make him miss.........

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
            yeah rios' defense is pretty awful but his chin and volume could give broner problems if he plans on standing toe to toe like he did with the smaller demarco
            Smaller and long. Broner's short arms gave him the advantage against Demarco to get inside and throw short power shots. I was never a fan of tall brawlers unless they had one punch KO power (Bob Foster) or was a skilled in fighter who mastered their craft (Margarito). Demarco was neither, and looked lost like he didn't have a game plan. Don't get me wrong, Broner's performance has me thinking that he could give anyone from 140 down a run for their money and Demarco was coming off two VERY impressive wins. I just don't see him beating Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
              abril stood toe to toe.

people must explain this......you see this is a huge flaw in rios. A guy like abril literally stood up CLOSE to rios & dismantled him with a phelly shell.

Comment

I would want to see Rios-Abril again with a healthier version of Rios......

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                  people forget that abril didn't run..........he stood up VERY close to rios & used a phelly shell to make him miss.........
                  I think the height played a pretty significance role, Rios wouldn't have to punch up the way he had to with Abril and Abril wanted no part of any exchanges. That's a tough match up for anyone. As i stated, most of Broner's game (at least what he has shown so far) is walking down opponents, rather than being defensively minded through entire fights. I question weather he has the skill to do so even if he wanted to. And you make it seem as if he (Abril) traded power shots, which was not the case.

Comment

Rios isn't particularly good. He'd get pieced up by Broner badly.

Comment

Knew people would bring up Abril. The thing about Abril, is that Abril didn't even throw punches in the late rounds. He literally ran and when he didn't it was Philly shell all day. In the beginning he was standing somewhat in the pocket and exchanged, but later on he coasted.

Comment

Working...
                      X