No announcement yet.

Count how many rats jump out of trash in NYC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    If the R ruled NYC there would be butterflies flying out of that pile of trash.
    LMAOOOOOOOOoooo

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Liberal rule for decades.

What do you expect.
      Oh yeah, life was lovely in early 20th century NYC compared to now.

Packed to capacity slums, workers in conditions worse than Chinese sweatshops (such as in the triangle shirtwaist factory that set on fire in 1911, killing 146).

Don't kid yourself, life is objectively better in 2018 NYC than it once was. Even if it's not ideal.

Crime is also way down. In 1990 there were 2,245 murders. In 2017 there were fewer than 300.

Please educate yourself before your next post. This lack of factual backing to your posts seem to be a trend.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        Oh yeah, life was lovely in early 20th century NYC compared to now.

Packed to capacity slums, workers in conditions worse than Chinese sweatshops (such as in the triangle shirtwaist factory that set on fire in 1911, killing 146).

Don't kid yourself, life is objectively better in 2018 NYC than it once was. Even if it's not ideal.
        Come on now.

I wasn't comparing it to 1911 or the early 20th century, I was comparing it to the Dinkins days in the early 1990s, followed by the Giuliani years immediately afterwards. I specified that, actually.

Try and keep up, please.

Crime is also way down. In 1990 there were 2,245 murders. In 2017 there were fewer than 300.
        Yes, Giuliani cleaned up the city from the horrible days of the 1990s.

We've already established that.

Please educate yourself before your next post. This lack of factual backing to your posts seem to be a trend.
        I had.

Your failure to keep up doesn't mean I wasn't educated.

You're exhibiting symptoms of the Dunning-Kruger effect.
        (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect)
        Please, get a hand on that. It's annoying to deal with folks like that.

Comment

Liberal rule for decades.

What do you expect.
          Not really, it only took like a term and a half under Diblasio for all that good work that Giuliani and Bloomberg get undone

Comment

I have seen more rats at Gracie Mansion and even more at City Hall

Comment

Come on now.

I wasn't comparing it to 1911 or the early 20th century, I was comparing it to the Dinkins days in the early 1990s, followed by the Giuliani years immediately afterwards. I specified that, actually.

Try and keep up, please.

Yes, Giuliani cleaned up the city from the horrible days of the 1990s.

We've already established that.

I had.

Your failure to keep up doesn't mean I wasn't educated.

You're exhibiting symptoms of the Dunning-Kruger effect.
              (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect)
              Please, get a hand on that. It's annoying to deal with folks like that.
              Actually you had not specified that in the quote I responded to. So, I had no idea what time period you were referring to.

I didn't realize you were cherry picking a particular starting point. The fact is that "pro-business" conservatives were largely the reason businesses were allowed to walk all over people in a prior time period. Anyone who complained about terrible pay, long hours, and horrific conditions was painted as a lazy liberal (sound familiar?). I guess the takeaway here is to remember to thank a liberal for that 9-5 life.

LOL, the Dunning-Kruger affect applies to people who believe they have a great deal of expertise in an area. I have not now and have never claimed that. So I'm afraid it isn't relevant in the slightest. Are you sure you actually understand the buzz words you float around?

Comment

Actually you had not specified that in the quote I responded to. So, I had no idea what time period you were referring to.
                I specified in the thread, and you failed to keep up.

Let's drop it, but please do remember to first catch up on where the discussion is before posting (and especially so if you must post in a snarky way )

I didn't realize you were cherry picking a particular starting point.
                I wasn't cherry-picking.

I was citing the last period the city was all messed up. That was in the early 1990s.

You going back almost 100 years is cherry-picking.

The fact is that "pro-business" conservatives were largely the reason businesses were allowed to walk all over people in a prior time period. Anyone who complained about terrible pay, long hours, and horrific conditions was painted as a lazy liberal (sound familiar?). I guess the takeaway here is to remember to thank a liberal for that 9-5 life.
                Non sequiturs.

Let's stay on topic please.

And no, the topic is not work conditions, pay, etc.

LOL, the Dunning-Kruger affect applies to people who believe they have a great deal of expertise in an area. I have not now and have never claimed that. So I'm afraid it isn't relevant in the slightest. Are you sure you actually understand the buzz words you float around?
                I understand it perfectly.

What you did fit.

As I said earlier, just drop it and learn from it in the future.

I'll give you a hint, when you get snarky, people get testy, and if you aren't caught up, they'll point it out in a not-so-nice way. One more reason to be polite, and not smug.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                  Not really, it only took like a term and a half under Diblasio for all that good work that Giuliani and Bloomberg get undone
                  Yeah, even for a communist DiBlasio is pretty stupid and doing a really bad job.

He's failing even faster than expected.

Comment

From about 1970 to 1994, NYC was run by Liberal/Democratic mayors. During that time it saw urban decay, crime spikes at all time highs, crack and heroin epidemics, homelessness was off the charts, rampant prostitution, filth, pollution, smog, toxic waste, and infestations. I grew up in that city and I recall just how awful it was. Rudy resurrected the city, Bloomberg rode on his coattails, and under DiBlasio things are slipping again. Streets are full of litter, housing prices and rents are way out of control, education and schools were overcrowded and run down, there are fines, taxes, and summons issued for every nit-noy thing. A heroin epidemic is once again sweeping across the city as is homelessness. Not to mention various scandals that should call for his impeachment. But I guess rat infestations are the least of his worries.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/06/de-bla...eds-to-go-now/

Comment

Yeah, even for a communist DiBlasio is pretty stupid and doing a really bad job.

He's failing even faster than expected.
                      That means he's overachieving

Comment

Working...
                      X