• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar De la Hoya vs Terry Norris

Oscar De la Hoya vs Terry Norris @ 154

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    Oscar De la Hoya vs Terry Norris @ 154
    I like Norris by mid to late stoppage if he's at his best. He was at least as fast as Oscar and much stronger and a better puncher in my opinion. Oscar has a punchers chance, but if Norris plays it smart I think he would wear Oscar down.

Comment

Norris had the ability to outbox DLH, I don't think he would've been able to stop DLH because DLH had a very good chin when he moved up in weight. It's kind of hard to envision Norris not getting hit and hurt at some point in the fight from a DLH left hook though, with Norris, there's always the possibility of him getting hit and knocked out.

Comment

They were actually trying to set this up when Norris was in the twilight of his career.Fortunately for Norris,he was so shot that he couldn't even get past Keith Mullings.De La Hoya would have killed him at that point in his career.

Unlikely Oscar De La Hoya would have beaten Norris in his prime,though.He certainly had the power to knock him out,but so does everybody with the ability to throw a punch correctly.

It's not like De La Hoya has Derrick Kelly-esque slick African-American skills,either.Other than durability,Norris holds every possible advantage over De La Hoya.
        Last edited by prinzemanspopa; 09-02-2010, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Norris has this. Norris was a bigger puncher and better technical boxer. He had every conceivable advantage except chin and De La Hoya's was quite legendary.

I say Norris gets a UD. De La Hoya would have the punchers chance since Norris put himself at risk cause he loved to bang, but Norris had the superior skill to back him up.

Comment

Norris was so fast and so good, he would win this. Oscar had a hell of a chin, he wouldn't get KOed I think.

Comment

oscar is faster, stronger and has the ability to change styles at any given time,norris's flat foot style and his jab would not be enough to give oscar any type of trouble,oscar wins by late round tko

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
                oscar is faster, stronger and has the ability to change styles at any given time,norris's flat foot style and his jab would not be enough to give oscar any type of trouble,oscar wins by late round tko

This post is wrong on so many levels.Funny,but still wrong.

Comment

Norris!

I say Norris wins a Split Decision, with Oscar Landing more power punches, but Terry landing more blows overall during the fight, enough to sway most of the judges anyway, but a great fight, & either could probably win it on any given night, & if they had fought during that time mentioned here, Norris was about done at that point & would have lost badly.

Comment

I'm not sure, but I would expect drama because its likely that Oscar would badly hurt norris while down in the cards

Comment

Working...
                    X