No announcement yet.

NSAC And Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSAC And Mayweather

Who is Floyd to say how and when his opponent can take a drug test. He might be a P4P fighter but he doesn't decide on how drug testing should be. He has an opinion on it but let the state's athelecit agency handle it. He never demanded it before in any of his opponents. I would critize also if this was Mosley, Cotto, Dela Hoya, Pacquiao, Bradley, etc.....

And why did the Nevada State Atheletic Commision just said that if they want Pac-Mayweather fight in Las Vegas, then they should abide by their drug testing. Since Pac said he would abide by NSAC on what their decision is and Mayeather(who also wants the fight in Las Vegas) should respect what NSAC do. But NSAC didn't do too mcuh to contact both parties and say this is how we gonna do it. NSAC just sat down but they should have made a drug testing routine that both sides agree.

its just a tactic by Floyd to avoid the fight. I doubt Floyd really cares about the intricacies of drug testing, its all a smoke screen and an excuse not to fight

Comment

Simple Floyd fights outside of Nevada and NSAC has no say in what he does~

Comment

If there was a nation boxing organization as opposed to 50 state run orgnizations maybe I would feel going to the commission but it is so easy to get around state by state (see Margarito for example).

Boxing to me is like a duel a duel hinges on a contract between the two men (to be a legal and fair duel), the rules in certain areas are a bit flexable but aslong as both sides are doing the same thing it is not that big a deal since both sides have to deal with the same issues.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Simple Floyd fights outside of Nevada and NSAC has no say in what he does~
          true. but it doesnt mean those other states would follow USADA OST.

Comment

the nsac is actually thinking of adopting ost's as the new way they drug test fighters..

Comment

Boxing isn't under 1 sanctioning body. It's not like the NFL, NBA, MLB etc. etc. Where every fighter MUST go by certain rules.

Boxing is a bunch of freelancers, free-agents, whatever you want to call them. They all come to common terms, they have the athletic commissions there for the most basic of common rules that must be met. After that, the fighters are allowed to come to whatever terms they want, as long as it doesn't directly change the athletic commission rules. (ex: 7oz gloves or other dumb ****).

So Floyd's demands of OSTs does not go against any rules. He is allowed to ask for whatever terms he wants. Then the opposite party, the guy he will fight, will either agree or disagree. Then the fight will go on or be called off.

So stop with the foolishness. That is how boxing is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
                true. but it doesnt mean those other states would follow USADA OST.
                That is part of the reason NSAC need not get involved at all, alright so what you have OST in Nevada, a cheater will then avoid the state of Nevada.

The only way a real overall testing system would work is if it is everywhere and considering cost that is kind of unlikely. WHich is why I said if there was a national commission (similar to NFL,NBA whatever) it would be valid to go to that commission to try and make a change but with NSAC it really is not a meaningful change (I guess it would clean up the most important state but the question would be what states would follow and where would the holes be).

The whole thing is though there is no simple solution for the whole sport regarding this issue, it should be simple enough to resolve between two fighters though especially in a big money fight.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Boxing isn't under 1 sanctioning body. It's not like the NFL, NBA, MLB etc. etc. Where every fighter MUST go by certain rules.

Boxing is a bunch of freelancers, free-agents, whatever you want to call them. They all come to common terms, they have the athletic commissions there for the most basic of common rules that must be met. After that, the fighters are allowed to come to whatever terms they want, as long as it doesn't directly change the athletic commission rules. (ex: 7oz gloves or other dumb ****).

So Floyd's demands of OSTs does not go against any rules. He is allowed to ask for whatever terms he wants. Then the opposite party, the guy he will fight, will either agree or disagree. Then the fight will go on or be called off.

So stop with the foolishness. That is how boxing is done.
                  Thanks for informing the uninformed.

Comment

Working...
                  X