No announcement yet.

Is "Sugar" Shane Mosley a Superstar?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soundtraveler View Post
    Absolutely correct, I couldn't have said it better...
    my mom knows who he is, my friends know who he is, enough said.

Comment

Shane Mosley is a superstar ... he simply DOMINATED the light weight division... DOMINATED .... 98% knockout ratio ... he moved up... he didnt ***** up and wait ... and then he went straight to 147lbs ...he could have went to 140 and beat more people there ... but **** he went to 147 and fought the best person there... DELAHOYA ... and honestly that was the first time you could say that Delahoya actually lost... he caught a bad break with the Forest issue ... the headbutt was the main issue in the first fight i would say ... second fight was close as hell... could have been a draw ... neither one did much... but mosley clocked forest all through the fight ...

Mosley then fought Wright ( who would not even have a career now if he did not fight Mosley ) ... and he lost the first time ... you could arguably say he won the 2nd time ....

Mosley is hands down will go down in history ...especially after his next few fights ... and in his last fight ... he wasnt that impressive... BUT WHO EVER LOOKS GOOD AGAINST A SOUTH PAW?

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
        Yes he's a legitimate, proven, superstar fighter in my opinion.

He's been through ups and downs, and now there's been a resurgence in his career and people are remembering how dominant he was at lightweight and how his facets (fast hands, power, work ethic) influence boxing.

Hands down he's a superstar in my book. Top ten P4P EASILY.
        If he's a superstar, why can't he sell fights and put asses in seats?

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
          Yes he's a legitimate, proven, superstar fighter in my opinion.

He's been through ups and downs, and now there's been a resurgence in his career and people are remembering how dominant he was at lightweight and how his facets (fast hands, power, work ethic) influence boxing.

Hands down he's a superstar in my book. Top ten P4P EASILY.
          Exactly. I also agree he is a superstar. To me a superstar isn't somebody who makes good sales on PPV. Mosely probably didn't have the right kind of marketing that could have made him a huge superstar like DLH. IMO his boxing skills and who he has faced and beaten makes him a superstar. He doesn't back down from anybody and loves the sport of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
            Exactly. I also agree he is a superstar. To me a superstar isn't somebody who makes good sales on PPV. Mosely probably didn't have the right kind of marketing that could have made him a huge superstar like DLH. IMO his boxing skills and who he has faced and beaten makes him a superstar. He doesn't back down from anybody and loves the sport of boxing.
            Do you consider Winky Wright a superstar then?

Comment

Yeah. I know he isn't the most exciting guy. Doesn't sell huge number PPV's or fiil the seats, but he has beaten good fighters. In the sport of boxing I feel he is a superstar. As far as sports all around he probably isn't.

Comment

He's got superstar talent, but not superstar popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by Double View Post
                  He's got superstar talent, but not superstar popularity.
                  I don't even know if the talent is superstar level anymore. Mosley has been a joke above 135 and his recent wins over Vargas and Collazo aren't really that impressive...

Comment

Shane Mosley can sell but not like Tyson and DLH. And he needs the help from the guy hes fighting. For example Mosley vs. Smith won't sell very well. But Mosley vs. Trinidad, that would do some numbers. Oscar can fight anybody and sell close to a million buys. De La Hoya vs. Himself would probably do 500,000.lol

Comment

Working...
                    X