Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO and Showtime pass on froch v bute!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They will show hype job seth mitchell beating up on some bum though!!

The american networks are a f***ing disgrace...and arrogant!

Your loss!

Comment

Budget. budget and more budget.

Comment

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post

Your loss!
        Why do you think they show Seth Mitchell? The same reason SKY would show Carl Froch beating on a bum in England. HBO and SHO are American networks and their main audience happens to be Americans(duh!). They are trying to build American fighters. HBO and SHO aren't here to promote the sport of boxing. Like any other company they are there to make money for their company.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          It's a premium channel. The problem with EPIX is it isn't carried by all cable providers. For example, arguably the biggest cable company, Comcast, doesn't have it. I have Comcast so even if I wanted it, I can't get it.

that would explain things

i pay over 100 a month for comcast's regular channels, hbo (also includes another channel which i never watch,) and showtime
          and a DVR

1200 a year to watch my damn television?
          i cannot pay any more and feel OK about the expenditure of hard earned cash

and then of course when floyd mayweather fights i shell out close to 100 flippin dollars

Comment

Your loss!
            In fairness, Tyson Fury or Audley Harrison beating up on some bum would possibly attract more viewers here in the UK than say Kessler v Bute.

Ultimately HBO and Showtime are American networks, so first and foremost they will cater to American audiences even if it sometimes means showing less attractive fights (in global terms).

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              that would explain things

i pay over 100 a month for comcast's regular channels, hbo (also includes another channel which i never watch,) and showtime
              and a DVR

1200 a year to watch my damn television?
              i cannot pay any more and feel OK about the expenditure of hard earned cash

and then of course when floyd mayweather fights i shell out close to 100 flippin dollars
              That's why I probably wouldn't get it either. I have the digital plan(hd/dvr, and then a whole bunch or other stations, showtime, and hbo), and high speed internet through them and I pay 140 damn dollars and that's on a one year specialty plan! Every year they try to hike it up and I b1tch and they bring me down but still, 140 dollars is a lot of money. One year the plan expired and they fuking wanted to charge me like 260 dollars, I nearly **** a brick.

Comment

Why do you think they show Seth Mitchell? The same reason SKY would show Carl Froch beating on a bum in England. HBO and SHO are American networks and their main audience happens to be Americans(duh!). They are trying to build American fighters. HBO and SHO aren't here to promote the sport of boxing. Like any other company they are there to make money for their company.
                Froch doesn't beat on bums.

By the time froch was 25-0 (LIKE MITCHELL IS NOW) he had beaten magee, pascal, taylor, dodson, adamu and tatevosyan.

Froch could not get a network deal for love nor money u imbecile! No one knew who froch was prior to taylor/pascal...

Do u not know the saga of frochs criminal under exposure?? No one gave a ****!

TRY HARDER.

Comment

It's on Epix but yes, they both passed. They did the same thing with Kessler V Froch also.
                  Hmmm what? That fight was on Showtime bro.

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Budget. budget and more budget.
                  Yeah they're probably waiting to see if they can get Ward/Dawson. Good fight in terms of rankings and significance but it'll be boring for a lot of fans.

Comment

Figures. They are too busy blowing cash on hypejobs fighting bums.

Comment

Froch doesn't beat on bums.

By the time froch was 25-0 (LIKE MITCHELL IS NOW) he had beaten magee, pascal, taylor, dodson, adamu and tatevosyan.

Froch could not get a network deal for love nor money u imbecile! No one knew who froch was prior to taylor/pascal...

Do u not know the saga of frochs criminal under exposure?? No one gave a ****!

TRY HARDER.
                      I used him as an example, d1ck and this is where I tear your example apart. Froch beat some talented fighters because hes boxed for A LONG time. Do you realize that Mitchell pretty much has no amateur experience and made his career playing football. Of course he is going to be moved slowly you dolt! The dude was playing football up to the age of 22.

I tried to be respectful of your stupidity and not understanding why American networks showcase American fighters and don't give a **** about two European fighters fighting.

Now be fuking respectful.

Comment

Working...
                      X