View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 08:20 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Longhaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 16,152.66

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbender View Post
Figured I'd make a separate thread. My original opponent backed out the night before the fight, but a guy in the tournament from the 165lb division that had a bye (since there was an odd number of people), was gracious enough to fight me. I took the fight regardless of a 12+lb weight difference. The guy was 5-1 and was from the same gym as my original opponent. I did learn that he dropped out of the tournament after our fight for undisclosed reasons.

I lost a split decision. I really thought I did enough to win at least 2 of the rds. I definitely hurt him in the 3rd but I wasted a good amount of energy trying to follow it up and he did a good job of tying me up and recovering (and fighting back). I spent most of my training trying to cut weight, and then had to fight at my old weightclass lol. Now that I'm down here though I can focus on more sprints and less long distance runs before my next fight (May 3rd as long as I get matched).

Here's vid (sorry its in vertical, clearly I wasn't the one recording lol): https://youtu.be/rCC2BFS2AW4

I'm in Red.
I thought like you that you did enough to win the fight despite the weight difference you looked good for your only third fight .I would bust my balls to get to 201 and end up having to fight a 240 lbs super heavy weight or show up for a smoker around 205 or so and get stuck fighting a monster but at your weight that must have been tough fighting at a 12 pound disadvantage and a guy with a little more exp.Keep working hard and keep us up to date with videos of your next fight.
Longhaul is offline   Reply With Quote