No announcement yet.

Wildcard gym

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildcard gym

well im moving to LA with my cousins and looking forward to training at Freddie Roaches Wildcard gym. Do any of you guys have any experience training over there? anything would help thank you

A good friend of mine went out there for a couple weeks. He trained at Wild Card while he was there. He told me it was nothing special at all. He said it was really small and really packed.

Comment

Originally posted by ivan123 View Post
      well im moving to LA with my cousins and looking forward to training at Freddie Roaches Wildcard gym. Do any of you guys have any experience training over there? anything would help thank you
      Never been there but I can imagine its not too different from anywhere else youve trained... like the other dude said its probably going to be really packed and over rated, but if you got the chance to get some 1 on 1 time with Freddie Roach or one of the experienced trainers they have then id say thats damn worth it. But other than that, itll be just like boxing at any normal gym.

Comment

ive been there and its true its a small crowded gym. its $5 a day or 50 a month or 25 if you have a book. its open everyday

Comment

Originally posted by hateinyaeyes32 View Post
          Never been there but I can imagine its not too different from anywhere else youve trained... like the other dude said its probably going to be really packed and over rated, but if you got the chance to get some 1 on 1 time with Freddie Roach or one of the experienced trainers they have then id say thats damn worth it. But other than that, itll be just like boxing at any normal gym.
          Never gonna happen. Roach works with the top pros only.

The cool thing is though, you get to witness the up and comers and some of the game's finest do their thing. A few years ago, it was still cool to watch PAC workout, that was such a treat. The best time to catch the action and get a workout yourself is before the work crowd gets there, otherwise it's a friggin' zoo !!

Originally posted by putaloco View Post
          ive been there and its true its a small crowded gym. its $5 a day or 50 a month or 25 if you have a book. its open everyday
          Can't beat $5 a day, and the perk of working out next to someone who might be the next big thing !! Or you might just catch a sparring session between pros getting ready for fights, it's really pretty cool. You can ask the trainers there when the best time to catch sparring sessions between pros. You never know who might drop by(celebrity or elite fighter).

My suggestion to the thread starter is go to Justin Fortune's gym, it's just a stone's throw away from WCG and it's much cleaner, and not as crowded, there are some pros that workout of that gym as well, not big names, but hey, atleast you get to get a glimpse of what a pro boxer goes through.

However, Fortune's gym is a lil pricier though. You're loooking at about $60 a month or more !!
          Last edited by jimmy webb; 02-23-2010, 04:35 AM.

Comment

also a good place to get some roids.

Comment

Originally posted by Witch_King View Post
              also a good place to get some roids.
              take that to another forum

Comment

Haha Roach is not even going to talk to you let alone coach you up. Don't bother man, its a waste of money and time.

Comment

Ive never been there but Im sure theres a lot of competition to spar there!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
                    Haha Roach is not even going to talk to you let alone coach you up. Don't bother man, its a waste of money and time.
                    That's not true, atleast not the times I worked out there. The first time I went there, Roach was the first person I saw, he was at the front desk just chillin'. He greeted me and his demeanor is just like you see in them vids. Roach is approachable, chopped it up with him for a few minutes, tried to pick his brain regarding boxing.

It's all with the timing too, that gym can definitely get hectic with everyone pulling him in different directions and he simply might ignore you if you say hi to him.
                    Originally posted by Judge Jab View Post
                    Ive never been there but Im sure theres a lot of competition to spar there!
                    Oh man, don't mess with the boys up there. Make sure you know who you're dealing with before you spar. WCG is a serious boxing gym. It's one of the few left, where you can see a good number of serious fighters !!

Comment

Working...
                    X