No announcement yet.

did the brits boo hopkins???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street bully View Post
    I'm sure if Khan had buck teeth and was training with a British trainer, they would support him. But honestly the hate brits seem to be giving him is probably because of his faith which is ridiculous.
    reason he gets alot of stick is when he was gettin knocked down by the willie limonds and michael gome's of this world he would turn around after the fight and claim he could beat manny, JMM, david diaz. thats why alot of people started to turn on him. personally, i am a fan of his and along with Kell Brook he is the future of british boxing. nothing to do with his faith or skin tone.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      that's not the reason they didn't cheer. Amir Khan acts like he's not one of us, from the Pakistan mouth-guard he wore at the Olympics to training with Pac's camp and not backing Hatton to win. Also the incredible hype he gets for beating tomato cans make a lot of people dislike him.
      No, thats YOUR reason...for the majority of brits its the reason i have stated at the top of page 2...

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
        I'm sure if Khan had buck teeth and was training with a British trainer, they would support him. But honestly the hate brits seem to be giving him is probably because of his faith which is ridiculous.
        His faith doesn't really come into it. You Beckham was hated by people too when he was overhyped and people thought he was cocky? Cipriani in rugby is getting it too.

Comment

that's not the reason they didn't cheer. Amir Khan acts like he's not one of us, from the Pakistan mouth-guard he wore at the Olympics to training with Pac's camp and not backing Hatton to win. Also the incredible hype he gets for beating tomato cans make a lot of people dislike him.
          i think deep down he considers himself pakistani. But this shouldnt be a legitimate reason to hate him for rational people. I dislike him because hes just a jeb.

Comment

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
            No, thats YOUR reason...for the majority of brits its the reason i have stated at the top of page 2...
            I'm working on 40 posts per page I don't actually hate him though, I'm just unsure about him and if I was there I would've stayed quiet.

Originally posted by Home town hero View Post
            i think deep down he considers himself pakistani. But this shouldnt be a legitimate reason to hate him for rational people. I dislike him because hes just a jeb.
            Thats only a part of it though, he has to win people's respect in the ring by fighting good opponents. I never want him to lose though, because after all he is British, I wouldn't even want Eubank to lose to a foreigner.
            Last edited by Weebler I; 05-01-2009, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
              Khan does get it.

I have no idea why.

It'll be interesting the kind of turnout Khan gets against Kotelnik as he is the headline man there and in London too.
              I'll be going, and will back Khan. I'd rather see a half empty O2 arena full of real boxing fans, then a full house wanting to see Khan get KTFO again but i get the feeling the latter is more likely to happen.

Khan is on his own. Maybe it's best this way?

Comment

His faith doesn't really come into it. You Beckham was hated by people too when he was overhyped and people thought he was cocky? Cipriani in rugby is getting it too.
                LOL let me make this clear....Beckham was NEVER overhyped....he was boo'd because he got a red card in the world cup against argentina and the fans used him as an excuse for losing......

same happened with rooney but difference is rooney will never be hated by england cos hes their hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                  just wondering... i thought they booed hopkins.

Yes and it was a delightfull romp

Comment

when he fought Barerra in Manchester he got plenty of boo's then. I think after Kotelnik he will probaly fight more in the states than he does in the UK.

Comment

I'm starting to think UK is just as racist as the US. We have boxers here that represent not only the US, but also their country of origin. You'll see Mexican-American boxers sporting trunks with the Mexican flag colors etc.. and he is accepted as much as any other American athlete.

Khan has potential (and amazing hand speed), I believe that. Once Pac is done, I think he will become Roach's next prodigy.

Comment

Working...
                      X