• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    Donaire is ducking hard on twitter
    Post some tweets!

Comment

Personally, I won't be wasting a hard-on on this. No way in hell the egomaniac Bob Arum pawns his best fighter out to Oscar, now matter how much they throw at him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikel 45 View Post
        Meh mares is overrated. I dont expect this fight to be competitive. at all. Donaire i way too smart to be pressured by the like of mares. Put him in there with someone who posses real boxing skills like Rigondeaux. Not a dirty low blow fighter.
        I wouldn't say Mares is overrated. Moreno is a helluva fighter and Mares broke him down. He's an excellent lil pressure fighter.

That said, I agree that he's not competitive against Donaire. Everything he does plays into Donaire's hands. I've gone over several scenarios in my head in how this one may play out. And not one of them didn't have Mares KO'd...violently.

Comment

come on bobby ..make a better offer or give this fight to gb..you owe it to him esp that you dont see any star potential with nonito anyways...

Comment

If they don't take this then they're straight up ducks.

Comment

3 million seems like a very good offer for this fight. Donaire is in for some **** if he declines it. It will definitely look like a duck, which I don't understand because I think Nonito beats Mares.

Comment

wtf? didn't this exact story run at the same time last night?

Comment

From a neutral point of view (meaning I'm not a nutt hugging boxing fan like *******s and *****s) I think Donaire beats Mares. GBP is making a mistake on this one. We all know that Mares wants to beat Donaire's bu?tcheeks so bad that I'm sure that he is the drive behind all this. What surprises me is that GBP is backing him with an astonishing 3 million dollars. It is in the best interest of Top Rank to take this deal IMO.

On the otherhand, maybe GBP is doing all this to put Top Rank on the spot. Like a kid daring another kid to step up so as to prove to the entire class that he's a punk little biatc?

The offer is too good to ignore. If Top Rank declines, it sure proves that Bob Arum is what is ruining boxing and that he is the sole reason why Mayweather vs Pacquiao never happened.

Comment

Like Donaire has any say in this? So if Top Stank declines the offer - nitwits on here say this is a duck? Donaire does not decide who he fights - there are only a hand full of fighters who tell their promoters what to do - and that list includes :

Floyd Mayweather
                    Andre Ward
                    Carl Froch
                    Sergio Martinez (possibly)
                    Wlad & Vitali K
                    David Haye

These guys fight when they want and with who they want with a mandatory here and there...

Comment

GoldenBoy making the oldman sweat in public, i love it. At this rate, his health could start to deteriorate.

Unfortunately, I don't see this fight happening no matter how much money GoldenBoy throws at it, its Bob Arum we're talking about. He's the main reason behind Mayweather - Pacquiao never happening.

Comment

Working...
                      X