Salido Suffered Broken Orbital Bone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazerjab View Post
    Daaaam Mikey can punch then
    yes he can...he got a great 1-2 combo...and it hits hard. But with that said ...

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Broken nose, broken orbital bone, 4 knock downs, still kept coming and was getting stronger.
      I don't blame Mikey for the fight being stopped. Salido broke his nose with a headbutt (intentional or not), not a legal punch. But it's frustrating not to know what might've happened if the fight went on four more rounds. That's a long, long time, especially with a guy like Orlando. Anything could've happened.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        I don't blame Mikey for the fight being stopped. Salido broke his nose with a headbutt (intentional or not), not a legal punch. But it's frustrating not to know what might've happened if the fight went on four more rounds. That's a long, long time, especially with a guy like Orlando. Anything could've happened.
        Yep good post, i felt he could continue, he could of said im ok i wana continue, maybe he felt it was intentional, it was the smart choice no doubt

I think He will still school him easy in a rematch

Comment

Salido is a warrior wow

Comment

Mikey your a Pu$$ take some Macho classes from Salido

Comment

next thing they gonna tell us was he was fighting through a heart attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                Although Mikey didnt contest the stoppage...The stoppage was pushed by his corner and politics. Mikey aint no pu$$y. IMO he should of at least shown the warrior will to move on no matter what the injury or how it was inflicted! id watch him fight again....exciting fighter!
                Last edited by PAC-BOY; 01-23-2013, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Broken nose, broken orbital bone, 4 knock downs, still kept coming and was getting stronger.
                  Agh! I was going to say almost word for word what you said.

In light of all this, it's hard not to take a shot for Mikey's broken nose.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                    Yep good post, i felt he could continue, he could of said im ok i wana continue, maybe he felt it was intentional, it was the smart choice no doubt

I think He will still school him easy in a rematch
                    This debate raged on for a while after the fight, with some people accusing Garcia of being a "bitch." The way I see it, if Mikey took a bad injury from an illegal blow, he and/or his corner have every right to go to the cards. Why should Salido get an unfair advantage, whether he intended to headbutt of not? Stopping the fight was perhaps the unpopular choice, but it was the smart decision.

With that said, I would love to have seen the fight go on and see if my instincts would've been proven right. Garcia was kicking Orlando's tail for the first half of the fight, but Salido was improving as the fight neared the championship rounds. How many twelve round fights would've had a different outcome had they been stopped in the eighth round? Plenty. De La Hoya would've dominated with a UD over Trinidad; Taylor would've denied Chavez a heart-stopping come-from-behind victory; etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                      They could trade Salido can teach Mikey to be macho and Mikey can teach Salido to box thats fair right?

Comment

Working...
                      X