No announcement yet.

why do fighters who lose

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do fighters who lose

automatically in that group of exposed fighters?

and people, who call them exposed, are the same ones who say, oh don't judge a fighter on their loses etc

come on man, this is boxing.. defeats happen.. but its about how u come back

i.e. pacquiao, khan

they got knocked out early, came from the bottom to the top.. more so pacquiao

nobody can beat down on any fighter unless you've stepped in their shoes because fighting in a ring takes a lot of heart and balls.

this game is not easy, its a lifestyle

I never understood that **** either

unless the dude b itched out or put up a bad performance when he was trying I don't see why people talk like that

Comment

Sorry but Khan is not a good example

Comment

It's one of the most disgraceful things about Boxing fans and sadly it's something many Boxing fans do, and to their credit UFC fans put us to shame in this regard. We used to be like that. If a Boxer lost, it was ok, dust yourself down and come back again. Earn another shot at the title. Nowadays it's if someone loses, its OMG HYPEJOB LOL EXPOSED HE SHUD RETIRE LOLZ.

I've never understood it myself.

I mean this is Boxing ffs. Someone has to lose.

Just because a fighter loses a fight now and then it doesn't have to mean that said fighter has been exposed or his career is over.

Like i said, this is Boxing. Someone has to lose. One punch can change a fight. That's why we love the sport so much.

How many times has a fighter lost a fight or two early on his career or even in his prime, but still gone on to have a legendary career? So many times.

This is Boxing. It's fighting. You win some you lose some.

This IMO is the main reason why so many Boxers nowadays are going down the cherrypicking route, because their worried about how much of a affect one single defeat can have on them in the eyes of Boxing fans nowadays.

Comment

Well boxing fans are very fickle in nature and very much what have you done for me lately.

So take what they say en mass with a grain of salt, still a fighters losing can say a lot of things and it is not always very easy to figure out what happened, so it is easier to just write someone off after they get beat rather than figure out exactly what happened and will it happen again.

Plus guys can fall off super quick in boxing, just the nature of the game.

Comment

I've been lurking around for some months due to forgetting my log in info. But from what I've been noticing ,I just think when someone popular takes his first loss. All the fan boys of other popular fighters on here try to antagonize the fans of the fighter that took his first L. For example: Thomas dulurme just took his first loss against a fighter in abregu who I think was highly overlooked. In no way do I think Thomas was exposed nor do I think that is what logical boxing fans think. It's all about the rivalry/fan boy culture in boxing posters online. Hardcore fans of Mexican fighters will do this often when a top rican prospect comes along and gets his first loss. Bernard Hopkins loss his first pro fight and is considered ATg mw

Comment

That term "exposed" is thrown around so much that it has lost its value. I only use that word in cases of a fighter with a ton of hype behind them and a padded resume. Canelo and Broner fall into the category of fighters that are at risk of getting "exposed". Even when a fighter does get exposed, it's not the end of their career.

Comment

Sometimes they do get exposed though...

For example people gave Paul Williams credit for outboxing Margarito, and he was looked as a huge boxer... But he got exposed as nothing but a glorified brawler (nothing wrong with that, but its a limitation) against Martinez

Andre Berto got exposed as a front runner against Collazo, and the role of the so called boxer that he played in the media got exposed when he had no answer for Ortiz

Khan got exposed as a fighter with all talent, no brains in his fights with Peterson and Garcia... Take away his speed and athleticism he'd be Vivian Harris

Comment

Its good for fighters most of the time...

Khan has the opportunity to sharpen his mind as well as his skill

Although I doubt Berto ever will, he should now know to practice his inside game, better his conditioning, and sharpen his limited at best boxing skills

Comment

Working...
                  X