No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko vs. Thompson Early Results From Bern

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Klitschko vs. Thompson Early Results From Bern

Bern, Switzerland - In the opening fight of the televised undercard, Tony Harrison, a new pupil of Emanuel Steward, make quick work of 36-year old and previously unstoppable Swiss Flavio Turelli (10-6-2, 1 KO) in just 93 seconds. Harrison, 21, pinned his opponent to the corner early on, made him defenseless with a flurry of fast punches and forced referee to step in and to wave it off. Harrison of Detroit is now 8-0, with 8 KOs.

[Click Here To Read More]

i hope this isnt true:

quote from der ubermensch "quote from My source (a German boxing scribe who was in Thompson's camp) tells me that Tony blew off most of his boxing training and just hit the mitts with his fitness trainer. He says Thompson is deep in debt and is just doing this for a payday. We'll soon see if he is correct."

its a sht matchup to begin with but does this mean it will be a real snoozer??? will wlad carry tony tiger and stretch this bout out.
    how can wlads fans put up with these sleepers?

Comment

we pretty much already know the result

Comment

What time is the fight?

Comment

Props to Wladimir, but that wasn't any type of battering at all. Thompson was giving Wlad some issues, he just got caught with a big shot. But Thompson did really show his age in this fight. In his last couple of fights he didn't look old, but you could tell he'd slowed down a lot. But, nonetheless he was giving Klitschko some stylistic issues early on, just got caught with a big shot. Props to Wladimir.

Comment

If Wlad decides to let his hands go he is capable of knocking out anyone that is in front of him.

Comment

thompson flat out QUIT in the 6th...yes he was done after the 5th rd knockdown. he never got hit with anything flush in that last knockdown. i watched it several times. 4 punches thrown & only a left jab connected. he went down & wasn't even hurt that bad. i'm very disappointed in thompson. he looked to be in good shape & had a good first round but after he tasted the big right he was looking for a way out. he complained to the ref a few times & didn't look like he was trying too hard. he is too slow. wlad was there to be hit & countered. i thought thompson would at least take some chances. thompson got his check so i hope he pays his debts & considers retirement. if he doesn't retire then i'm sure he won't be getting another title shot.
              Last edited by joe strong; 07-07-2012, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Leave It To A Stupid Vulgar Brutha To Flip Off Fans, Then Get Dismantled!!!

I thought this clown said he learned something from their first fight???? Maybe how to get to the shower sooner. Tired of hearing these rubes act like badazz gangsters, talk trash and vulgar gesturesor slapping an opponent at a weigh in, then get in the ring and get your azz handed to you on a platter. I guess all those antics really mean they are scared to death. This should be the last we hear about this brutha. These Heavyweight "contenders" are pathetic, the worst in division history. Give Holyfield his shot!!! At least he'll show up in shape, come to fight, and get knocked out by a Klitschko of choice.
                Last edited by tlarry; 07-07-2012, 05:07 PM.

Comment

That was beyond a onesided fight. Thompson looked scared to throw a punch half of the time to me.

Comment

Originally posted by tlarry View Post
                    Give Holyfield his shot!!!
                    Man, I don't want to see a tombstone with Holyfield's name on it yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X