No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr. Vs Sugar Ray Robinson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones Jr. Vs Sugar Ray Robinson

How do you guys see this playing out? I'll put it somewhere at say 164-166 to make it fair cause Roy ain't do that much at 160 but I know Robinson has weighed in over 160 for non title bouts and also his bout at LHW which I don't count as a loss due to heat exhaustion

If you answer this plz don't tell me jut cause Robinson is the goat of all time or cause he won the mw championship 5 times or he beat people like fullmer basslio lamata etc

Answer with a real stargey on why you think your pick would win

SRR was God in the flesh.

Apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
      SRR was God in the flesh.

Apparently.
      Honestly, he was pretty phucking amazing. That ain't even a shot at Jones. Even considering having the fight at a weight where Robinson was faaaar above his best is telling. Robinson v Jones on paper is a mismatch though thread starter (and myself) believe it's a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
        Honestly, he was pretty phucking amazing. That ain't even a shot at Jones. Even considering having the fight at a weight where Robinson was faaaar above his best is telling. Robinson v Jones on paper is a mismatch though thread starter (and myself) believe it's a good fight.
        Amazing indeed.......

It just gets out of control at times.

Comment

Roy Jones wins ans wins easily

Comment

imo, if you weren't born or watching boxing, when sugar ray robinson was fighting, from welterweight, to middleweight, to his lightheavyweight title fight, it wouldn't be accurate, to count him out, against a modern day fighter...(word)

Comment

This is a very intriguing fight, because Roy is so unbelievably talented. There isn't anyone he couldn't beat at 160 or 168. I'm really not sure who would win.

Comment

Ssr beats roy

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                  imo, if you weren't born or watching boxing, when sugar ray robinson was fighting, from welterweight, to middleweight, to his lightheavyweight title fight, it wouldn't be accurate, to count him out, against a modern day fighter...(word)
                  I wasn't alive then no but I have seen a lot of his fights so I can make a pretty good judge and I've seen a lil ww footage of him so yeah but for this fight ww is completely irrelevant

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov
                    Would this be a 12 or a 15 round contest?

Either way I really aren't sure of the outcome though I'd give Roy an edge in speed and power.

Yh I will have to leave this one out.
                    Because of jones great condition I say 15

Comment

Working...
                    X