Boxingscene Lounge Interview: -MAKAVELLI-

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxingscene Lounge Interview: -MAKAVELLI-

EPISODE 2.

Tonight, our guest is the widley known and despised by few, -MAKAVELLI-, also known as
    MAK.

Sup mak?

chillin E...its 930pm out here in cali...about to go to a homey's pad and pick up my pipe that i let him borrow at the bar during the Raiders game last night

first off, just who the hell do you think you are? and why are you so
    damn popular on here, how do you stand out?

didn't really know that i stood out bro...just a fight fan with opinions like everybody else...i guess the posters that i get along with are those that like to laugh at stupid ****...there's alot of stupid **** in boxing...there's alot to laugh at

What does cali have to do with the way you post, how does
    being from the westcoast effect you?

i wont deny that i have a bit of a west coast bias...if i can't find a specific reason to root for a certain fighter, i go with where their from...kinda like Cotto-Margarito...i like both dudes...both have their own skillsets but when it comes to head to head, i'll root for the west coast fighter...but there are west coast fighters that i hate(d)...Vargas and DLH come to mind

You've been here since 08, how has this forum changed since you joined
    and has it changed for the worse like most say?

there are times when i come to work hungover and i get a lil firey with people but for the most part, but those are just trolls that couldn't tell the difference between a left hook and a spit bucket so i try to tune it out...but the negativity DOES make NSB not as fun as before

I've rarely seen you in beefs, you take jabs at some in lounge, but in
    NSB you've been known to have pacquiao's back? why?

beefs are created with time...if i get into an 'argument' with someone, i try to keep it at just that topic...im not gonna go after someone if they say tuna melts suck...that same person with ******ed taste buds might be a Lakers fan so i try to keep those 'issues' isolated...everyday when i get to work, most of the time, i've forgotten who i was 'beefing' with the day before...start fresh

as for having PAC's back, i dunno man...my fanhood for that fighter was earned long ago...he's a great ambassador for the sport...a figure that casts a positive light by the mainstream and that's rare...all fighters are prone to criticism and that's fair game but not when you have agendas...and sometimes these agendas are so poorly masked that i can't help but pick on posters...usually on one of those hangover mornings lol

Legend has it, Left Hook Tua swallows turkeys whole.. is the myth
    true or has he toned it down over the years?

that was a myth...the turkey was sliced evenly half...one half was swallowed whole...the other half was wrapped in tortillas and made into a giant burrito

You have an Iphone, does it make you feel superior to others out
    in public when you see them on droids, bbms, and other mobile phones?

i'm not one of those dudes that gets into that kind of stuff...i've seen some great non iphones out there and i like em...i give some of my buds props for their Samsungs and Droids and stuff...but deep down inside, they know my phone is better

Your movie review thread was a great success, it's obvious you
    enjoy movies and going to see them, do you know anything
    about foreign films?

love movies bro...get faded, watch a flick...one of my favorite pastimes...haven't gotten too much into foreign films...i used to watch some foreign films when i was with my ex...but now that im single again, its all action, comedy or really stupid funny ****...like Your Highness...that **** killed me the other day

You ever browsed the lounge completely stoned out of your mind?

oh yea...back when i first started posting here and the lounge was MUCH better quality, i used to browse and bust up at some of the exchanges...that was when posters like PEEBS and Mizzou and Welter Skelter and them would be active...great comedic gold back in 08-09

Tell me a funny weed story, mak.

i got shot at twice over a dub that my friend stole from a dealer...it wasn't funny at the time but the whole concept of protecting street 'cred' over twenty ****ing dollars makes me laugh now

You've told me you and your boys are into fighting games, why
    fighting games instead of shooters?

shooters are ok but missions take a while...for a group of stoners, we maximize by getting into fighting games...quick rounds...rotations...the concept of 'none of you ****ers can get this controller out of my hand' leads to some great **** talking...we've been doing that since 97 bro

What made you so into the sports you love the most? what made
    you crazy about basketball, when did you start watching Boxing?

my pops...when he wasn't lecturing me to do well in school, he would talk to me about sports as i grew up...one of the best deals he offered me was; good grades = sporting events

when he saw A's and B's in that report card, it meant we were either gonna go to the Forum and watch the Lakers, LA Kings hockey or boxing or the Coliseum to watch the Raiders or to the Ravine to watch the Dodgers

as for boxing, i've actually been a boxing fan longer than a Lakers fan...i remember watching and rooting for Marvin when i was still in Philippines...this was 84? i didnt become a Lakers fan til about 85...the year before i came to the US

If you could take one veteran poster, replace him with a banned poster from the past, who would be exchanged?

i would exchange Burner for Oasis_Lad...he was a funny mother****er

At what age does Mak look in the mirror, look at his BS account
    and decide its time to hang up his gloves?

not sure what age but it'll be the moment when its just not fun or interesting anymore...in ESB, when i used to post back in 03, they had some great posters...some were very knowledgeable, some were very witty, some could talk smack like i've never seen before..i was hooked on that forum until one day, it got overrun by boring noobs...same with PACLAND, when i joined in 05, that **** was packed with real fans...then the same thing...trolling noobs...got boring and old so i stopped

this place has deteriorated since Floyd came back...the old Floyd fans like Larry, yourself, Skills, Gamb, i can still talk to those guys but this new wave of ******s make me go to the lounge before going to NSB

in 08, the pinoy-mexico beef was heated but it was entertaining...the PR-Mexico beef was the same...the **** we have now with ***** noobs is just unoriginal...when you try to hard, it gets old quick

Who would you like to see me interview next?

if you can resurrect him, interview SweetPea50 or one of the Rizos

Thanks for your time, bro.

if you're a true fight fan and dont have a problem turning off or turning down your ego for a good boxing conversation, im a friend, not an enemy

thanks E

Nice work!

Comment

nice read.

Have you decided who you're going to interview next?

Comment

i didn't know we had this. how can i get in?

Comment

Originally posted by Sybian View Post
          get in to what?

Comment

Cool interview. Don't know who Mak is, but he seems like a really chill dude.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              get in to what?
              A women's pants for the first time :chuckle9:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sybian View Post
                  youre not an ATG like mak yet.

Comment

I didn’t know we have this interview thread with BS members. Btw, who’s the first member that got interviewed?

Outstanding interview by Ether on top of Mak’s excellent clear-cut answers.

Mad props to both participants.

Comment

Working...
                    X