This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    Bale hasn't been a success specially for the amount of money Madrid paid for him he always seemed out of place in Real Madrid
    I believe a big issue was that his price tag exceeded Ronaldo's.
    Since CR7's transfer, has any other player deserved a higher transfer fee? Bale didn't. Dembele didn't. Coutinho didn't. Many more didn't.
    Arguably the only two who did were Neymar and Mbappe. And even that's debatable. It's all about judging accomplishments with potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
      I believe a big issue was that his price tag exceeded Ronaldo's.
      Since CR7's transfer, has any other player deserved a higher transfer fee? Bale didn't. Dembele didn't. Coutinho didn't. Many more didn't.
      Arguably the only two who did were Neymar and Mbappe. And even that's debatable. It's all about judging accomplishments with potential.
      Suarez cost less than Gareth and was better footballer thing about Bale was played better without him with Isco you can't say the same about Neymar or Suarez for Barcelona

But yeah Ronaldo was a bargain at €70M

Comment

• Originally posted by JJRod View Post
        I don’t blame them. Dude came with a high tag price and he never seems like he wanted to be there. Always injured, never really learned the language or adapted to Spanish culture, never stepped up to try to fill the void Ronaldo left. No one thought he’d be Ronaldo 2.0 but at least step up to the challenge of being the face of Madrid.

As Zidane said, Madrid is more than a football club in Spain, it is THE football club in Spain. Expectation are high and if you don’t meet them you’re out. Happened to James, Morata, and now Bale.
        ? The Madrid fans are scum.. They have booed the likes of Ronaldo.. Zidane and co in the past also..

His high price tag (higher then Ronaldo) made Madrid fans think they were getting Ronaldo v2.. it's absolutely true.. Bale was smashing in a huge amount of goals prior to leaving the PL (much like Ronaldo was) scoring 30 yard screamers and stuff.. remember him tearing (i think) Inter in the Champions league?

Problem is no one is getting close to Ronaldo standards outside of maybe Messi.. Like Sparked said Bale actually has done well at Madrid outside of the past year or so.. Injuries certainly hurt him also..

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          Suarez cost less than Gareth and was better footballer thing about Bale was played better without him with Isco you can't say the same about Neymar or Suarez for Barcelona

But yeah Ronaldo was a bargain at €70M
          To be fair Suarez had bitten a Chelsea player.. accused of racially abusing Evra and then followed it up with biting or headbutting Chiellini in the World Cup?

Liverpool wanted rid of him at that point

I don't think Suarez has been some smashing success at Barca either tbh.. he's done ok/well much like Bale.. But when him.. Neymar and Messi were all in the team together.. i remember talk of the next Barca dynasty.. which never really came to fruition.. I guess he's not the main man.. unlike at Liverpool though

Anyway i don't really want Bale at this point (to Injury prone).. but i think he gets a bit too much flak.. he's won one la liga and what 3-4 CL? without his goals Madrid trophy room might be a bit emptier
          Last edited by MOTHERDUCKER; 05-22-2019, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• 100 mill for Zaha? GTFOH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              Not usually into social media but I’m surprised that Pulisic ‘only’ has 230k followers on twitter. For context David Luiz has 8.8 million.

I always assumed part of his charm was that he was a yank and as such Nike would push him. But relatively speaking it seems nobody gives a s.hit about him.

Good luck to him anyway. He joins Chelsea at a time when it’s a rare free hit. Chelsea aren’t expected to do anything next season. I expect 6-8th
              4 goals in 20 games in the german league.. wtf

60m as well.. is he a striker or what?

Seems he has Croat blood in him.. so not full on Yank.. which means he might actually be good i guess

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
                100 mill for Zaha? GTFOH.
                Mate i am ****ing done if United sign him for 100m or anything close to that.. I just don't see it..

It would be 10x worse then the Pogba situation which was a joke also.. But at least Pogba had proven himself

I hear United will be getting a winger from Swansea called Daniel James.. really young and fast.. idk how good he is though.. But i'd rather buy youth.. then Mercenaries like Sanchez

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                  4 goals in 20 games in the german league.. wtf

60m as well.. is he a striker or what?

Seems he has Croat blood in him.. so not full on Yank.. which means he might actually be good i guess
                  Still only 20 though. You also have to consider he's been in the Champions League since 18.

Playing Real Madrid, Benfica, and Tottenham. Not APOEL and Shakhtar famers etc.

Can't be vetted any better than that for a teen. Unless he's supposed to be the new Michael Owen (minus injuries). Which he isn't.

Comment

• Palace shouldn't sell Zaha for anything less than 100 mil and Wan Bissaka for anything less than 75. **** the blue bloods, you want our guys, you have to pay through the nose!!

Comment

• Pep is leaving city.

Comment

Working...
                      X