Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have you ever been so tired you felt like throwing up?...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have you ever been so tired you felt like throwing up?...

after maybe 30 mins of sparring i was so tired afterwards i felt like throwing up. my stomach felt sick. eventually i felt better after i rested for a while.

anyone had this feeling before?

I felt like that all thru high school when I used to come down after smoking crystal.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyboy867 View Post
      after maybe 30 mins of sparring i was so tired afterwards i felt like throwing up. my stomach felt sick. eventually i felt better after i rested for a while.

anyone had this feeling before?
      Bro, anyone who hasn't felt like that has never had a been through a real tough workout. Its taking your body to its limit, but after that initial sick feeling you feel great. Keep putting the work in - you'll achieve great results.

ps. the fitter and stronger you are the more resistance you should have to this feeling, but dont worry iv seen many pros puke after sparring.

Comment

Absolutely. I felt like this a couple of weeks ago, this was in the first 30 minutes of my boxing workout I wanted to literally throw up there and then. When you know you get this feeling well let's say you know that your pushing yourself really hard. It's quite natural to feel sick during a workout if you really are working that hard, Period.

Comment

I remember I had that feeling about 4 years ago when I decided to enroll in a weightlifting class. Looking back, I did it because I wanted to impress my then-girlfriend (now fiancee). I was a skinny, 5'10 145 pound 19 year old kid. After taking theory classes, we put our skills to the test. And you have to understand, the coach puts us through these exercise drills to learn about weightlifting, while at the same time scout his students and see if any of them have potential (to use in college competitions).

So we were all in a circle, and we would do a different exercise depending which part of the circle we were in. In one part, you would do as many bicep curls as you could during a 1 minute period. Then, we would rotate, and then do the next exercise: sit-ups, then squats, triceps, push-ups, etc. 1 minute of exercise, 30 second rest. With the exception of probably 2 students, the rest of us were wimps. I never exercised back then, so I got tired over anything. I did everything and never quit, but I distinctly remember (after having gone through the entire circle), talking with two other classmates who were on the floor gasping for air. I asked them if they felt like throwing up, because that's how I felt.

Afterwards, I had to meet my girlfriend at the other side of campus and I had to stop several times and sit wherever I was because I felt absolutely naeseous. I probably stopped 3-4 times on my way there. Felt horrible.

The only other RECENT times I've felt like that was when I've ran a lot. I've done 4-5 miles in one session and felt bad. But I'm in much better shape then back then. I've actually been running for a year and a half. Sometimes do strength exercises, but man....

That's the closest proof of certification you got there...it's when you feel like puking.

Comment

I get this everytime I go to my gym after a month+ break. Vision starts to get foggy, vision gets brighter, head starts to hurt sharply and feelings of wanting to puke start coming around that time. Perfectly normal and like ya'll said shows you're not cheating yourself and getting the most out of your workouts. It should start getting a "lot" harder to get to that point after a certain period of time though. So long as you're not going to the point where you're injuring yourself or dropping weight too excessively (burning through muscle) you're good to keep going. I really admire Manny and how he does things. And Ippo.

Comment

Its not happened to me for a few years but I've vomited after training hard. Its pretty natural and not uncommon at all. It really does go after time as fitness improves.

Larry Holmes vomited at the end of his fight with Evander Holyfield, it can happen to the pros too!

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
                I remember I had that feeling about 4 years ago when I decided to enroll in a weightlifting class. Looking back, I did it because I wanted to impress my then-girlfriend (now fiancee). I was a skinny, 5'10 145 pound 19 year old kid. After taking theory classes, we put our skills to the test. And you have to understand, the coach puts us through these exercise drills to learn about weightlifting, while at the same time scout his students and see if any of them have potential (to use in college competitions).
                What the heck is "theory" in weight-lifting? I've never lifted weights but it seems that picking the weight up is good, dropping it is bad.

Comment

^^^"Theory" as in, when weightlifting started, proper technique, positioning, etc.

You can't just tell a random person who'se never done it to squat with 100 pounds on them. You do squats the wrong way, you mess up your back.

Comment

Originally posted by jonesy View Post
                    Bro, anyone who hasn't felt like that has never had a been through a real tough workout. Its taking your body to its limit, but after that initial sick feeling you feel great. Keep putting the work in - you'll achieve great results.

ps. the fitter and stronger you are the more resistance you should have to this feeling, but dont worry iv seen many pros puke after sparring.
                    co-sign! i love that feeling. especially when sparring. u just don't wanna stop, when ppl ask u to spar one more round.

Comment

Working...
                    X