nice willy on that pitbull

Comment

My girls love the zoo
      I find it boring
      I love tigers though

Penguins are cool too

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        you see that epic Lakers-Blazers matchup last nite for the title?
        Hell yeah dawg, that light skinned bruv Kuzma looks like the goods.. Wigged me out when they said he was from Utah though.

Comment

Originally posted by animalfan10 View Post
          Cheetahs are the most tame/friendly of all the Big Cats....The easiest for Zookeepers to deal with.

The biggest Man eaters are Tigers/Lions/Leopards all of which evolved to kill/eat primates and Humans....Jaguars despite being extremely capable did not evolve with Humans on the menu (They are New World Cats) and tend to live isolated away from people/human settlements so attacks are pretty rare....Only a handful of predation attacks by Jaguars on people have been recorded..
          Originally posted by Duggie View Post
          nice willy on that pitbull
          cheetahs are less ferocious than other big cats, they can be tamed and kept as pets much easier than lions or tigers. some wealthy arabs are paying $10,000 for cheetah kittens and putting real diamond collars on them and treating them like housecats

Comment

Originally posted by animalfan10 View Post
            Cheetahs are the most tame/friendly of all the Big Cats....The easiest for Zookeepers to deal with.

The biggest Man eaters are Tigers/Lions/Leopards all of which evolved to kill/eat primates and Humans....Jaguars despite being extremely capable did not evolve with Humans on the menu (They are New World Cats) and tend to live isolated away from people/human settlements so attacks are pretty rare....Only a handful of predation attacks by Jaguars on people have been recorded..
            Interesting thought but I believe their are better explanations. Although I do believe that animals can become predisposed or learn to hunt humans, this usually occurs after the animal or its parent has either been injured or hast lost its common food sources. On the other hand, we also see cases of introduced predators becoming invasive very quickly, partly because their prey items havnt had time to learn new defense mechanisms; but few reports of this happening toward human prey items.
            There are also various examples of animal species being more predatory toward humans because they simply never experienced as much fear as their con-specifics coexisting with humans for thousands of years. There are other examples of humans being regularly attacked because they and another predator share the same prey item. In India, Leopards are believed to start feeding on humans after they become accustomed to consuming their partially cremated bodies. Anyway, facts are more complicated than fiction and things are often if not usually as they seem.
            Last edited by maracho; 07-19-2017, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
              So i took my 2yr old daughter to San Diego zoo over the weekend and she loved it. Half the time i was busy chasing after her but i took the time to sneak a toke here and there and tripped the hell out watching the Cheetah.

Cheetahs are beautiful man. I read that cheetahs arent known to attack human.. you think that's true?
              I don't know if I've ever heard of a cheetah attack on a human. Although anything is possible. But yeah, cheetahs, even though they're definitely not small, are nowhere near the size of the other big cats such as tigers, lions, and leopards. Just a quick google search and they average between 75 & 125 pounds (really large ones up to 140). An average sized person would have a good chance at fighting one off if that person was forced to.

**** didn't Saddam have them as pets around his palace? Lol I'm pretty sure I heard that. Also drug lords having them as pets. The animal nerd in me thinks that cheetahs are really cool -- and they're endangered I believe...hope they don't go extinct in the wild.

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
                cheetahs are less ferocious than other big cats, they can be tamed and kept as pets much easier than lions or tigers. some wealthy arabs are paying $10,000 for cheetah kittens and putting real diamond collars on them and treating them like housecats
                Okay yeah I knew I had heard this somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                X