No announcement yet.

Best Headgear?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Headgear?

So I know we've had some threads on this, but I thought I'd ask again as there are some new headgears on the market.

- Here's the scoop. I sparred about a week ago at my gym. This week I've noticed that the inside of my outer-ear has been slightly swollen. Today I noticed that the ear was very red and there was some blood on my outer ear. I think I just cut the skin a bit, but I'm going to the doctor just to make sure there is no internal damage to the ear.

So I'm wondering, what is the best headgear? I want to get one that has good padding around the ears. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

from the online selection.. id say

GRANT / winning if u got mad money

or fight gear / everlast for like aroudn 50 bones.

Comment

I wish I had the money for Winning Headgear as I have heard a lot of good stuff about it, but it's too expensive. I was thinking of getting this fightgear headgear, it looks like it offers full protection of the face pretty much and it looks like there is a lot of padding around the ears. Right now I'm sparring in some old competition headgear my gym has and it doesn't really have much padding.

Fightgear Headgear

I know some people would say I should just suck it up, which is fine, but I think I should take as much safety precaution as possible. Ear injuries can be pretty serious, especially because of the high risk of infection and the fact that doing surgery to the inner ear is very difficult.

Comment

fightgear is solid man no shame in rockin that

Comment

I use the Cleto Reyes Full Face guard n its quality

http://www.ringside.com/RS/ProductDetails/StyleMasterDetails.aspx?pid={81fd8c39-24b9-4b46-a911-b8d93b66dcf7}&pname=Cleto+Reyes+Protector+Training+Headgear&Referer=QUICK_SEARCH&Alias=cleto%20reyes%20heard&ptct=BS-SR&CTitle=&

Comment

Originally posted by rmz View Post
            I wish I had the money for Winning Headgear as I have heard a lot of good stuff about it, but it's too expensive. I was thinking of getting this fightgear headgear, it looks like it offers full protection of the face pretty much and it looks like there is a lot of padding around the ears. Right now I'm sparring in some old competition headgear my gym has and it doesn't really have much padding.

Fightgear Headgear

I know some people would say I should just suck it up, which is fine, but I think I should take as much safety precaution as possible. Ear injuries can be pretty serious, especially because of the high risk of infection and the fact that doing surgery to the inner ear is very difficult.
            i back this headgear. good protection, visibility, and does not move around. not the "best" but by far the best for anything near that price.

Comment

Thanks Rj_ct. Just wondering, do you feel the ear padding is good? And also, how is the sizing, does it run bigger or smaller than other headgear? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rmz View Post
                Thanks Rj_ct. Just wondering, do you feel the ear padding is good? And also, how is the sizing, does it run bigger or smaller than other headgear? Thanks.
                get the fightgear mexican headgear. that is the what 99% of the guys in my gym use, and it is really great for a good price ($69 off ringside). i use it myself, and it works great and it definately protects your ear!

Comment

Does anybody use the "Old School" Everlast headgear?

Comment

How do the Fight Gear sizes run? I don't know if I'm a Medium or a Large?

Comment

Working...
                    X