Something I noticed on the pads

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something I noticed on the pads

Wut up guys,
    Yesterday, doin' the pad work, I find that I leave myself pretty open when I do a left hook to the body, and since I'm rotating my body right, I can't really see a right hook comin', at least not quick enough, I got tapped a couple times in that situation. Do you guys find that to be a problem for you too? I guess the pads start farther out than a guy's gloves would be (as I don't notice this so much in sparring), but it all just made me think, that I could really get layed out with a right hook from the wrong guy.

Peace,
    Trick

i know what your saying thats another thing that kinda throws me off focus when im sparring this thought pops in my head right in the middle of a sparring round like saying what ever you do this person can counter it and what do you know last time i sparred i notived myself getting caught when i throw my left hook to the upper and lower body

Comment

Keep your right up high beside your face when you throw a left hook to the body,this will protect you from any incomming right cross or hook. It takes practice but well worth the effort to prevent being knocked out.

Comment

How will my right hand protect? It's on the other side of my face. Do you mean move it to the left side of my face?

Comment

Sorry, I was thinking of a left hook Unless I'm infighting I mainly throw a left hook to the body as soon as my opponet throws their right. If they throw a right hook, I bob under, wind my body up while still low and unwind throwing my left hook into their ribs.

Comment

Funny I was just discussing this today. Thats why you have to snap the hook back, and keep it as compact as you can.

Comment

Besides making it compact, protect your chin with your shoulder being a little extended.
              Your best bet is also be in fighting and not give your opponent any space to use his left.

Comment

You throw the hook and roll directly after it.

Comment

Working...
                X