Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is higher on the ATG list: Floyd Mayweather (so far) or Roberto Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Floyd will have an astirix next to his name and he kind of makes the all time great list a farce because of him making his name by carefully choosing the easiest opponents even if it meant hardly fighting at all in his prime years. I think it was always his plan but he underestimated how transparent it would be to everyone.

Comment

• i would have to say Duran

Comment

• This is really a troll thread, who would ever say Mayweather has a better resume than Duran??

What fighter today besides B-HOP has done anything comparable to Duran???

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom.
            Only a simpleton would.
            And up to now you managed to uncover 17 of them!

Comment

• Duran, I can't see anyone making a case for Floyd.

Comment

• Duran without question or argument... Or atleast around here, a reasonable argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom.
                  Allucard, Aztec Wanker, Brandish, DanboSmitty, Drag-On, elfag, iLovesoccermoms, ironmiketyson1, Joe2608, marvelousmatt, Mud, NatiKid, PBFP4P, Phenom, Prince_Pugilist, tlove104, x2sasa
                  I can think of at least one guy that voted Mayweather as a joke. lol There are probably at least a couple more.

Comment

• Floyd was more skilled. Duran beat better opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                      Floyd was more skilled. Duran beat better opponents.
                      Duran was quite skilled, man. You don't get to be a consensus top five or six ATG by being under-average skilled. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure who was more skilled. I'd have to make a real comparison. Floyd has a reputation as a highly skilled fighter, which he is, but his style heightens that perception. Roberto seems to have this reputation as a mindless brawler, which he wasn't. Duran was known for his offensive ferocity, but he was excellent on defense.

I remember reading an interview with former welterweight champ Carlos Palomino (who lost to Duran) on this site. Palomino said that he was really surprised and impressed with Roberto's speed and skill. Carlos clearly suffered the same misperception of Duran that many others do. He obviously had a rude awakening.

Comment

Working...
                      X