No announcement yet.

Keith Thurman @ 154 and 147 who takes him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Thurman @ 154 and 147 who takes him

He dont care about his 0. He wants to fight and with bad intentions. Comes forward with a good chin and a ton of pop in his punches! Hes calling out Floyd want Manny and anyone in those weight classes.

Thurman vs anybody at 147, Ortiz, Lopez, Guerrero, Matthysse, Maidana, Alexander

dude is good def wana see him in the ring again

Comment

Like I said before. Fight Carlos Molina. Both of them need fights.

Comment

I'd like to see him possibly Delvin next. Than possibly someone like Kirkland, Angulo, Molina, etc.

Comment

i wasnt impressed with him at all. he does have power but he looks for one punch way too much, doesnt set his punches up very well, doesnt use the jab enough, seldom throws combinations, headhunts, leaves himself way too open and looks kind of slow.

a worldclass fighter would box circles around him and/or walk him into a big shot and knock his lights out. this dude gives me shades of jeff lacy, good puncher for sure but very limited. you need so much more than just power to compete at the highest level. quintana is a good fighter but past his prime and not very durable even at his best. unless he improves significantly i dont think thurman will achieve much of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            Like I said before. Fight Carlos Molina. Both of them need fights.
            Carlos Molina wont get much credit, Thurman is just a prospect n Molina is unknown avoided fighter

Thurman might get Maidana

Molina vs Vanes or triple GGG at 154

GGG vs Thurman !!!!!!

Thurman is ready but i doubt he will get the oppotunity

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
              i wasnt impressed with him at all. he does have power but he looks for one punch way too much, doesnt set his punches up very well, doesnt use the jab enough, seldom throws combinations, headhunts, leaves himself way too open and looks kind of slow.

a worldclass fighter would box circles around him and/or walk him into a big shot and knock his lights out. this dude gives me shades of jeff lacy, good puncher for sure but very limited. you need so much more than just power to compete at the highest level. quintana is a good fighter but past his prime and not very durable even at his best. unless he improves significantly i dont think thurman will achieve much of anything.
              he actually throws plenty of combo's
              what fights of his have you seen?
              i'd say you've only watched the quintana fight but when you say dumbsht like he "headhunts" im not even sure

Comment

i lol'd when he said, "I'm calling out everybody in the boxing world" then max asks "but where?" and he goes "Oh, 147-154."

Comment

I think Thurman vs Kirkland/Angulo would be bombs away. I'd love to see those fights.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
                    he actually throws plenty of combo's
                    what fights of his have you seen?
                    i'd say you've only watched the quintana fight but when you say dumbsht like he "headhunts" im not even sure
                    when he did go to the body against quintana he had great results no doubt about that, but he still didnt go to the body enough. the amount of success he was having when he did go downstairs is all the more reason he should have done it more frequently.

just look at the first round, quintana was done from that livershot yet thurman didnt throw a single bodyshot as he was trying to finish him off. when he hurt him in the 4th it was the same thing. i didnt say he cant throw bodyshots well, just that he doesnt throw enough of them. he did spend most of the fight headhunting, count the amount of bodyshots compared to the amount of headshots thrown and you will see for yourself.

and he doesnt throw enough combinations either, its usually 2-3 big swings. a combination is more than just throwing one punch after another, its the idea that one punch sets up the next. by mixing up the speed, power and angle of your punches and putting them together you overwhelm your oponents defense. thurman basically throws single punches in quick sucession without any thought behind how they are put together, not what combination punching is about.

Comment

Working...
                    X