No announcement yet.

Yuriorkis Gamboa vs Juan Carlos Salgado

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuriorkis Gamboa vs Juan Carlos Salgado

Haven't seen this potential fight brought up, but some sources are saying it's in the works. Boxrec even has the date up as 11/17/2012.

Just watched some clips of Salgado on Youtube. Looks like a good first fight back from inactivity for Gamboa. Juan Carlos looks slow and easy to hit. He throws wide punches and isn't especially busy. Uchiyama TKOed him in 12. I see Yuri doing it earlier than that.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by JuanmaLopezATG
    salgado has fought the better fighters then can crusher gamboa wouldn't be surprised if he won
    That's right. Gamboa crushed the "can" that crushed JuanMa...twice.

Go troll somewhere else, little boy.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Haven't seen this potential fight brought up, but some sources are saying it's in the works. Boxrec even has the date up as 11/17/2012.

Just watched some clips of Salgado on Youtube. Looks like a good first fight back from inactivity for Gamboa. Juan Carlos looks slow and easy to hit. He throws wide punches and isn't especially busy. Uchiyama TKOed him in 12. I see Yuri doing it earlier than that.

Thoughts?
      I'll take Yuri mid to late rds stoppage. Good test for Gamboa especially after a long lay off

Comment

Yuri, even with a long lay-off is purely a special fighter.

Gamboa to end it inside 6.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
          I'll take Yuri mid to late rds stoppage. Good test for Gamboa especially after a long lay off
          Agreed. Gamboa's probably going to want to get some rounds in, but he'll probably want to look like he hasn't lost anything as well. I'm thinking Yuri will take Salgado out somewhere between the sixth and eighth rounds. Juan Carlos is slow and easy to hit; so if he leaves himself open for a shot, Yuri will take it. The fight might end rather early. In any case, Salgado is a very solid fight after a long layoff.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            Yuri, even with a long lay-off is purely a special fighter.

Gamboa to end it inside 6.
            Ability-wise, Yuri is among the elite in boxing. Guys like Salgado, while respectable, are simply a league below. Gamboa takes out Uchiyama, too. The only potential "problem" for Yuri at 130 is Broner. That's the fight they'll be working towards, I imagine. But that match-up would probably have to take place at 135.

Comment

Haven't seen this potential fight brought up
              It has been brought up. I haven't seen you in a while and Idk if you know but the problem atm is that GBP are the being the little b1tches that they are and are trying to snatch the Nov 17th date from TMT with Showtime. They were talking about Mares-Moreno on Oct 13th then after TMT announced their first event GBP came out saying they had Nov 17th with Showtime (which was not true) and that they were gonna put Mares-Moreno on that date. They (GBP) were also talking about Nov 10th. As you can see they are trying to check mate TMT with those 2 dates.

Regardless, I will be watching Gamboa and Dirrell fight over anything GBP puts out there.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                It has been brought up. I haven't seen you in a while and Idk if you know but the problem atm is that GBP are the being the little b1tches that they are and are trying to snatch the Nov 17th date from TMT with Showtime. They were talking about Mares-Moreno on Oct 13th then after TMT announced their first event GBP came out saying they had Nov 17th with Showtime (which was not true) and that they were gonna put Mares-Moreno on that date. They (GBP) were also talking about Nov 10th. As you can see they are trying to check mate TMT with those 2 dates.

Regardless, I will be watching Gamboa and Dirrell fight over anything GBP puts out there.
                Thanks for filling me in, bro. I did a search for "Gamboa" and nothing about the Salgado fight came up.

Comment

Thanks for filling me in, bro. I did a search for "Gamboa" and nothing about the Salgado fight came up.
                  Oh? BScene had a couple of articles about it. But they were more about Salgado than Gamboa really tho. TMT should've secured the date with Showtime before announcing their event. Even tho it probably wouldn't had mattered cause GBP got that Espinoza dude working in there.

I say get the event on NBCSports which is a free channel and it's bound to do good IMO. I think a lot of people rather watch Gamboa-Salgado than Mares-Moreno.

Comment

Salgado is a good opponent for Yuri to shake off the rust and still look spectacular against. At 130 pounds though, there isn't a big name fight for him. After I hope he moves up and fights a good LW, that preps him for taxing Broner's ass next year.

Comment

Working...
                    X