Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we need Catchweights with 17 divisions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
    Boxing fans remember when there was only 8 divisions and only 1 champion per division? Now we have 17 divisions and 4 titles per division, which means 68 champions. Henry Armstrong almost got a 4th title fighting at welterweight when he fought pinoy middleweight champion Cerefino Garcia, and the fight was scored a draw, a decision that i agree with although some thought Armstrong won.

PW fighting at 157 when he is 6 feet 3, pac-margs fighting at 150 for a vacant title??? Do we need 20 divisions now?

Here is an interesting article on it: http://www.ironchinboxing.com/
    catchweights has been in boxing since forever. to start complaining about it now is assinine.

Comment

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
      Calzaghe didn't need any catchweights to beat American bums.
      yeah he didn't need them for the 40+ european bums he fought either.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        catchweights has been in boxing since forever. to start complaining about it now is assinine.
        uhhh but if u were getting what the TS/article was saying u would see that they made a whole lot more sense in the past as opposed to now.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          thats not always true either. 1 or 2 pounds can be really grueling for some ppl to lose. ive seen friends struggle to make weight. its not fun and it does take a lot out of u.
          ^^^^this.. i remember during my wrestling days, i was above my weight class by a pound or less (and i could no longer sweat, urinate, etc.) so i decided to fill an Arizona Ice-tea can up by spitting in it.

going down weight is not as easy as people make it out to be.

1-2 pounds really do make a difference

Comment

I didn't even bother reading the thread. Here's ur answer... NO WE DON'T

Comment

Working...
            X